FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   changing 2020 booking to 2021? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/2021973-changing-2020-booking-2021-a.html)

introspection Jul 20, 2020 6:17 pm

changing 2020 booking to 2021?

Hi all,

we have a flight on AY scheduled for end of July 2020 that was cancelled. When I talked with AY support team in the US, they said we could change the tickets to sometime in the future up to May 2021. Has anyone had success getting the tickets to be changed into the summer of 2021 without incurring a change fee if the 2020 flights were cancelled?

thanks!

WilcoRoger Jul 21, 2020 5:18 am

May 2021 seems to be currently the limit. This might change (who knows) but you don't need to make decisions now - the booking stays alive, even though the flights are cancelled, so you can make the new reservation later on, when they might already have extended the date limit. There's no guarantee of that, though.

ffay005 Jul 21, 2020 5:36 am

If you want to postpone the flights this far into the future, my suggestion would be to cancel and refund at this time and rebook later.

We don't know what the cancellation policy will look like after a year, should there still be irregularities.

introspection Jul 22, 2020 11:19 am

thanks both for your thoughts.

finnishlad Sep 11, 2020 12:15 pm

I got a email from Finnair about cancelled Bangkok flight. I called to Finnair platinum and was told they cannot help me with changing travel dates as it was booked via travel agency.
Never book flights with DreamWorldTravel because they can be a nightmare to deal with. Anyway I later noticed HEL-BKK part was dropped from booking and rest of LHR-BKK-LHR was still on. Contacted Finnair chat (in Bulgaria) and asked about flights. Was told I can change travel dates but only for refund I need contact travel agency. I have now managed to change a flight booked last year to May next year

r2d2 Sep 12, 2020 1:18 am

I've had the same experience: the Plat line refused to change the dates of a ticket booked from an OTA (and flights cancelled), but through the chat I've done it multiple times. I've only tried it once over the phone, after that I've used the chat.

ffay005 Sep 19, 2020 7:59 am

I was supposed to fly to HKG in June 2020, postponed until October 2020 and now until June 2021. Janica said that I can book whichever dates I want, as long as there is a schedule (so in practice up until September 2021). This is a ticket booked before 31MAR20. No fare difference payable.

Original inventory was I, but now it's in D bucket.

Now let's see if HKG is open for travellers in June.

LoungeEnthusiast Sep 19, 2020 8:10 am

I was in an identical situation with my HKG flights but deciced to claim refund after they changed October schedules, because didn’t want to gamble anymore.

ffay005 Sep 19, 2020 8:20 am

Yes, it is a gamble. My fear is that in June 2021, it will be possible to visit, but with some strict rules/measures, and a refund will thus not be possible. But we'll see. It was a very cheap ticket, so I'm willing to gamble.

miamiflyer8 Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bdsm (Post 32687178)
HK will be closed in June 2021.

Mr Manner first closes the lounges, now he also closed HK! We are living in dire times and he isn't helping.

Steve_Hun Sep 19, 2020 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 32687318)
Mr Manner first closes the lounges, now he also closed HK! We are living in dire times and he isn't helping.

I'm waiting for the moment when Bdsm will say that Topi is the one who is responsible for COVID-19 in general...

Courmisch Sep 20, 2020 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 32688027)
I'm waiting for the moment when Bdsm will say that Topi is the one who is responsible for COVID-19 in general...

He already said he wasn't. But I can guess that Topi is responsible for delaying the vaccines.