Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair OnBoard Menu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
You guys are going to love the new J enhancements:

"On the flights that are approximately an hour or under the meal served is a sandwich with accompanying drinks. If the flight is under three hours the meal is a fresh, cold dish made in the Finnair kitchen. For now, the meal is a hearty salad made from Benella rainbow trout. In the future the dish might be another chilled option, such as a poke bowl. For the flights that are over three hours the passengers have the time to enjoy a rounded three course meal based on the new flavor profiles."

https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/bluewi...-twist-2375532
kauppias likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by avermat

"On the flights that are approximately an hour or under the meal served is a sandwich with accompanying drinks. If the flight is under three hours the meal is a fresh, cold dish made in the Finnair kitchen. For now, the meal is a hearty salad made from Benella rainbow trout. In the future the dish might be another chilled option, such as a poke bowl. For the flights that are over three hours the passengers have the time to enjoy a rounded three course meal based on the new flavor profiles."

I've only got 23 flights to do in a year to requalify for lumo. Now wondering if I should cut my losses here...
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
The J offering is so crap that not even Finnair itself want to sell me an upgrade from whY.

cistavoda likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Well, this is going downhill fast. Rainbow trout is 0/5.

And apparently they will serve one menu on all longhauls?
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
improvements, right!
it'll be no free coffee anymore (for a coffee loving country, that is unbelievable).
no drinks on european Y-flights (only wine, beer)
no soft drinks on onboard menu?
no hot meals on most euro-J flights, one cold choice....

really, is this improvement?
ffay005, florens, esledo and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by avermat

" Customer wishes have been heard in the changes made "

Who here wished for this?
florens, esledo, cistavoda and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: AY+
Well this is utter, pure BS and nothing else. I'm one step closer to the edge. Time to cancel a few bookings and to seriously ponder the future.
Guys and girls, maybe it's time to find a new hobby🤔 Clearly the big goal here is to discourage flying. Well done. Well f*****g done.
Sad news for Topi; you can't dance away from dire straits.
esledo, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I've only got 23 flights to do in a year to requalify for lumo. Now wondering if I should cut my losses here...
Lumo is within reach for me too, but not sure about it anymore. Qatar especially might be getting more business from me. Last time when we started descent to HEL the purser came to me to thank personally for my business using my name. Impressions like that matter, and the food you're offered is a big part of it. No complaints about their lounges, they gave you the great Plaza Premium lounge at HEL, an outstation for them and a hub for Finnair, when Finnair offered not even a bottle of water. Great service on board, food is nice not to mention you can order anything as many times and at any time as you want, and pricing is not that bad.
ffay005, esledo, cistavoda and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Fish is a poor dish for those allergic to fish 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦

I was within reach of Lumo but I went another route instead...

I don't think they account for how much such piss poor cost cutting ends up losing customers 🤣

Perhaps if enough leave they will have to evaluate or they will just double down 🤣

So far no regrets in spreading out my flights to ST along with OW and Star it was a decent solution since I am NOT ready to find a new hobby, well I did but I am not ready to let this one go... 🤦

Originally Posted by sakari1707
improvements, right!
it'll be no free coffee anymore (for a coffee loving country, that is unbelievable).
no drinks on european Y-flights (only wine, beer)
no soft drinks on onboard menu?
no hot meals on most euro-J flights, one cold choice....

really, is this improvement?

I love that ONE COLD CHOICE, like it's a choice if there's only ONE? For me this is a BIG issue as I am allergic to Seafood and often. It's dead food so nothing for me... No possibility it order a NO SEAFOOD meal unless I go vegan and well that's not happening

Originally Posted by cistavoda
Welcome to the dark side, we have room for more converts 🤣🤣🤣🍾🍾🍾😉

Originally Posted by ffay005
A wonderful enhancement. AY is evolving into the world’s first all-vegan airline.

I’m currently at the lounge. I glanced at the tofu. I looked for the chocolate. All in vain.

I had a long chat with the lounge operations manager at the lounge about this vegan "food"...

I told her they would lose customers over this since having ONLY vegan food is imposing something unwanted on others, while I could deal with a VEGAN option...

She indicted this was a long term decision but I wholeheartedly recommend everyone give feedback on this!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 31, 2021 at 10:01 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
AY must have abandoned the pre-Covid target of becoming a 5-star Skytrax airline.
ffay005, cistavoda and kauppias like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by r2d2
AY must have abandoned the pre-Covid target of becoming a 5-star Skytrax airline.
Perhaps the new target is 0,5 star skytrax airline 🤣🤣🍾
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:26 am

Any news of the platinum drink?
florens likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by niko
Any news of the platinum drink?
Available from the selection which is being sold on the flight flown. On shorter flights that means coffee or tea.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by srieppo
Doesn't it say excluding Kajaani?

If they did not list Kajaani there now, because there are no flights at the moment, people would think the menu applies to flights there when they are continued.
KAJ is not AY destination but they sell Coffee and Tea on KAJ route.

Originally Posted by ffay005
well, this is going downhill fast. Rainbow trout is 0/5.
stall stall
Steve_Hun likes this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 31, 2021 at 10:04 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: LH SEN
Out of interest I asked chat whether this rainbow trout is going to be offered also as the breakfast on 1-3 hour flights in C and how about LHR flights where scheduled outbound flight time is over 3 hrs but return is under 3 hrs.

Of course chat did not have any information about the meals served onboard. Thankfully this is so well implemented that everyone at AY has proper time to familiriaze their new. The carts roll out to the aisles only tomorrow morning after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.