Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair OnBoard Menu

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by lkrt
Expensive menu. Somehow a 20EUR combo antipasto platter with champagne is popular. What I’ve seen in social media. But still. For me 9EUR for flatulence causing bread called Reissumies with a soft drink is too much for the inconvenience for others too.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kauppias
as long as its not me 😂😂

I cannot remember ever having to pay on domestic US flights as a OWE or STE+ even when I had my one comp beer as OWE they tend to comp it anyways which is a nice gesture...

On delta they gave me xx amount of drink tickets which allways lasted for my use the the whole year
Anyone who sits in AA MCE gets open bar, OWE also if they aren't able to sit in MCE.

UA has the best approach, open bar for 1K and GS plus a set of vouchers in the member kit.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Anyone who sits in AA MCE gets open bar, OWE also if they aren't able to sit in MCE.

UA has the best approach, open bar for 1K and GS plus a set of vouchers in the member kit.
DL has The vouchers in the app
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:32 am

DL has The vouchers in the app
A grand total of four of them while UA gives 8, on the other hand, it's not an issue on longhaul since drinks are free anyway.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
A grand total of four of them while UA gives 8, on the other hand, it's not an issue on longhaul since drinks are free anyway.
yes only 4 but they rarely scan them so in practice it lasts a long time 😂 they also had a comfort product where drinks were included 😁👍

too bad they dont fly to HEL I might go that route I quite liked their service
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Looking at the fine print for LH Y service Japan is now the only region left with complimentary beer and wine at all times, rest of Asia has now joined North America with first meal only.
When did the change in North America routes took place, at least in November 2019 I didn't notice anything when my upgrade didn't go through and had to stay in Economy. Quite opposite actually, seemed like everyone were continuously offering me more drinks.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:47 pm

yes only 4 but they rarely scan them so in practice it lasts a long time 😂 they also had a comfort product where drinks were included 😁👍

too bad they dont fly to HEL I might go that route I quite liked their service
Why on earth would I want to sit in Comfort Plus instead of regular Y exit row? In this case I will gladly forgo the free salads and the F snack basket. Add insult to injury DL treats C+ as a separate class instead of just simply making it an extra legroom add on.

I personally have not found DL to be any better than AA or UA, and I certainly do not find SkyRubles attractive. Maybe if they'd start HEL-ATL I'd be open to reconsider.

Originally Posted by miikka
When did the change in North America routes took place, at least in November 2019 I didn't notice anything when my upgrade didn't go through and had to stay in Economy. Quite opposite actually, seemed like everyone were continuously offering me more drinks.
It's been like this for a long while and there has been many different and confusing concepts over the years. Eons ago they cut it to meal service only, then at one point (like 2015 or so) all NA routes included it for first and second meal only, then (ca 2017) they made AY5/6 to first meal only but rest of North America for both meals until in 2018 (wild guess again) it's first meal only for all of North America and in the process Thailand went BOB only.

Given that you are Plat is most probably why you have been given seconds and thirds of choice.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
It's been like this for a long while and there has been many different and confusing concepts over the years. Eons ago they cut it to meal service only, then at one point (like 2015 or so) all NA routes included it for first and second meal only, then (ca 2017) they made AY5/6 to first meal only but rest of North America for both meals until in 2018 (wild guess again) it's first meal only for all of North America and in the process Thailand went BOB only.

Given that you are Plat is most probably why you have been given seconds and thirds of choice.
Ah, thanks! I was assuming that the status gave some flexibility but I had missed it completely that all NA routes switched to it and I was in impression that it was only selected (JFK/MIA). Sometimes co-workers assume that I know all the rules and ask these type of questions so it was good to get updated information for this one.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
They better return Sky Bistro and some J stuff very soon. I've scheduled few AY flights in preference to BT, even though on BT I could have upgraded to almost standard J service or stay in Y with reasonable BOB.
Speaking of J, one could tell the Alepa style fruit salad was already sort of preparation for the new normal. Optimists can call AY visionary. We have reached the times when it can be accepted as a part of reasonable J service.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)

... and in the process Thailand went BOB only....
Let me correct that for you BYOB => Bring Your Own Booze
cistavoda and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
and if you've been flying in the past months you'd see only water and cookie on AY
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:10 am

Programs: AY LUMO
New menu starting from 01SEP21

https://cms.finnair.com/resource/blo..._Menu_2021.pdf

The onboard menu selection is available on our domestic and European flights excluding: Kuopio, Kajaani, Oulu, Vaasa, Stockholm, Riga, Visby, Vilnius, St. Petersburg (only coffee and tea available for purchase). Tallinn, Tampere, Turku, Mariehamn (no service).

Complimentary water and juice on all flights excluding shortest domestic and Tallinn flights.
Nice to see onboard menu to KAJ but no flights to KAJ.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Aug 31, 2021 at 1:17 am
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

This new enhancement is what we would call in finnish "paskaa". Please forward my feedback to the appropriate department FinnairPlus_Ela . Thanks.
ffay005, on22cz, Steve_Hun and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Doesn't it say excluding Kajaani?

If they did not list Kajaani there now, because there are no flights at the moment, people would think the menu applies to flights there when they are continued.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
A wonderful enhancement. AY is evolving into the world’s first all-vegan airline.

I’m currently at the lounge. I glanced at the tofu. I looked for the chocolate. All in vain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.