Wiki Posts
Search

Incorrect status/cert expiration

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2020, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Incorrect status/cert expiration

Dont post here often so please excuse if this has been discussed.

My status prior to CV19 was through Sept 2021. However I just went into the system as I was about to make 1st booking in awhile due to CV19. Instead of showing expiring Mar of 2022, by account shows through March 2021. My short/long haul certificate now also have incorrect expiration dates. They show valid through Jan 2021.

Is this a know issue for us that had just gained status last year with AY? Previously I had OW status via AA, but switched programs last year, making it all the way to top in just two months. (Thus why status is valid for so long)
Old May 17, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
AY added 6months of status to all tier members theres a whole thread about it
Old May 17, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Must be a mistake. I would wait until March '21 and if indeed your status falls after that, contact AY to rectify it manually.
Old May 17, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I thought Finnair status is always for a 12 month period. How could it be Sep 2021 originally?
Old May 17, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by aapee
I thought Finnair status is always for a 12 month period. How could it be Sep 2021 originally?
Fresh status period starts Sep 2019.
By Nov 2019 you qualify for plat.
You will be plat until end of current status period Sep 2020.
You are qualified as plat for the next status period until Sep 2021.
Old May 17, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I re-qualified already in February (the tracking period ended 30 March 2020). This was to be updated end of March. My status/tracking period went up to September 2020 in March. I expect it then to be updated to September 2021.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
My friend (whom I had given the gold cards to) had their tracking period continued this way. It was an error that was rectified by AY promptly after contacting them.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lkrt
My friend (whom I had given the gold cards to) had their tracking period continued this way. It was an error that was rectified by AY promptly after contacting them.
This makes me feel better. I was concerned I was going to be told I was the only one.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
This makes me feel better. I was concerned I was going to be told I was the only one.
Not to worry! AY customer service, in my experience, is in general very friendly and customer-oriented, especially towards Platinums and above.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Anyone have a suggestion who to contact. I still have yet to get this resolved. I keep going back and forth. They dont seem to grasp that what you're currently earning is status for the next period, but that you're given the status right away.

In my case I earn status through Sept 21 . However when they did the six month extension both my status was incorrectly change to Mar 21 instead of Mar 22. One employee even agreed Mar 22 is correct, but the system will update in Mar 21 (which know it wont).

Same thing with certificates.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Anyone have a suggestion who to contact. I still have yet to get this resolved.
Did you already contact FinnairPlus e.g.via PM?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Did you already contact FinnairPlus e.g.via PM?
Yes. Only option I haven't tried is calling.

ETA Just realized you meant a user on FT. No, as I didn't know there was one.

Last edited by flyerCO; Jul 2, 2020 at 12:50 am
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Yes. Only option I haven't tried is calling.

ETA Just realized you meant a user on FT. No, as I didn't know there was one.
We are "famous" on FT for having some very engaging program reps here
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kauppias
We are "famous" on FT for having some very engaging program reps here
True. I just didn't know one was in the AY forum. They forwarded my message on. I'm still getting nowhere. My original status expiration was Sep 2021, the system now shows Mar 2021, not Mar 2022. I'm either getting one of two answers.

1)The system will auto update in Mar to show status through Mar 2022. (I highly doubt this unless this happened to others)

2)It's not possible for you to have status through Sept 2021 if you earned it in Sept 2019. (Ignores fact I went from nothing to Platnium very quickly at beginning of tracking period)
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
True. I just didn't know one was in the AY forum. They forwarded my message on. I'm still getting nowhere. My original status expiration was Sep 2021, the system now shows Mar 2021, not Mar 2022. I'm either getting one of two answers.

1)The system will auto update in Mar to show status through Mar 2022. (I highly doubt this unless this happened to others)

2)It's not possible for you to have status through Sept 2021 if you earned it in Sept 2019. (Ignores fact I went from nothing to Platnium very quickly at beginning of tracking period)
Unless I'm missing something, I agree with both statements. Let's say you sign up to Finnair Plus on 1 January 2020. Within one month you have enough long haul J flights to get to Platinum, thus your status goes from basic to silver to gold to platinum. With that, you have your plat status for the remaining part of this tracking period (11 months) plus for the next tracking period (another 12 months). BUT at this time, your Finnair Plus tracking period is still running until 31 Dec 2020. On 1 January 2021, your next tracking period will start and you kick off the year as a platinum member. So you did earn status for two years, but in the AY system, it is displayed one year at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.