Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Finland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by florens
@FFlash sounds like a horrendous experience. What is the setup now? Is there a specific lane for (international) connections as well?
I reckoned there was now signs, from left to right, ”international/domestic/finns” with no specification about arrivals/connections(IIRC)
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
LOL. The second question is none of his business. The third question is plain stupid. Well, as of next Tuesday, they will be no more. I'm so glad Krista is out of the game. Did you notice how quickly everything changed? Mika Salminen was interviewed today by Susanne Päivärinta, and he spoke freely and honestly about so many things. Sanna on Krista's first day of sick leave tweeting about opening society. Etc.
Mika salminen spoke things (asiaa) in Hesari.

Now 3:rd shot already in practice needed in Denmark and Deutschland, and it seems we in EU get the pressure all over to comply with the same so I took 3rd shot. Otherwise wouldnt. Interesting to see scientific criticism grow towards these vaccines being useless.
Well I am not against vaccines per se, but seeing how these wetshots have been developed in hurry to earn money for multiconglomerates, people careying the risk of consequences, makes me sad.
This was probably OMNI but oh well.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
He actually questioned you? What kind of questions did he ask? Ridiculous.
Sometimes I get questions - I have the feeling that they just test if this non-Finnish looking Finnish citizen with a non-Finnish name is actually the one in the passport. Usually it's just "where are you coming from?" and never a bad cop style inquisition. Funnily once he thank me in the language my name would suggest as origin (but I think they see POB, so no rocket science)
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFlash
This was probably OMNI but oh well.
Yes, there's a whole thread on the subject. I had to take so many vaccinations over the years, that give or take one doesn't matter. OTOH with 3 shots, both I and RW jr went through infection symptomless, so for us it worked.

Originally Posted by GaryK84
Is there any indication on when an announcement about continuing/not continuing the current system on Tuesday will be made? My OH is flying to Finland then and has a non-Finnish EU passport so trying to figure out if she should order a test or not...
Cannot be told. There was a piece of news that the travel theatre would stop at the beginning of Feb, but nothing morenafter that. The gov't is now talking (or about to talk) lifting more restrictions earlier than the mid-Feb date previously discussed.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
@FFlash sounds like a horrendous experience. What is the setup now? Is there a specific lane for (international) connections as well?
If you connect to an international flight at HEL, there will be no passport control (aside from the usual Schengen to non-Schengen control, of course).
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
If you connect to an international flight at HEL, there will be no passport control (aside from the usual Schengen to non-Schengen control, of course).
I know. But what happens if your flight departs from low numbered gates but you arrive at the 30ish area? You still have to go through the circus to show boarding pass to access the „safe area“ (gate 1-20) and last time I was there there were huge queues, which one could bypass though as connecting pax. Or has that changed again?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
First question is also plain stupid, as a Finnish citizen one has the God-given right to return at any time without BS.

Basically, they don't check your ID if you have a bp for a flight outside Finland from gates 5-20, so only somewhat stupid. Well, at least I wasn't checked.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I know. But what happens if your flight departs from low numbered gates but you arrive at the 30ish area? You still have to go through the circus to show boarding pass to access the „safe area“ (gate 1-20) and last time I was there there were huge queues, which one could bypass though as connecting pax. Or has that changed again?
There is a dedicated lane for that.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Schengen control ends 1st Feb 2022: https://intermin.fi/en/-/internal-bo...il-14-february
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
So test still required for non-Finnish nationals and residents, if I read that correctly.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
So test still required for non-Finnish nationals and residents, if I read that correctly.
Only if you are coming from outside of the Schengen area / EU, which should not affect Switzerland. Test requirements remains in place for external traffic.
the810 and florens like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

To me the sentence is ambiguous.

Negative test result required from people arriving from outside the EU and the Schengen area
This can be read as:
from [outside the EU and Schengen] or
as from [outside the EU] and [Schengen].
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
To me the sentence is ambiguous.

This can be read as:
from [outside the EU and Schengen] or
as from [outside the EU] and [Schengen].
First one is correct. EU and Schengen are treated as a whole.
the810 and florens like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
First one is correct. EU and Schengen are treated as a whole.
I wonder how they handle non-Schengen EU entries in practice. The (few) concerned passengers will pour into the same area as non-EU non-Schengen entrants from security-cleared countries like the UK, no?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Courmisch
I wonder how they handle non-Schengen EU entries in practice. The (few) concerned passengers will pour into the same area as non-EU non-Schengen entrants from security-cleared countries like the UK, no?
There are no direct non-Schengen EU (RO, BG, HR, IE) flights AFAIK. Or is there DUB-HEL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.