Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about future of FFPs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I think a dedicated arrivals lounge is a major extra cost to AY where as allowing LUMOs to have arrival lounge access would be a major show of appreciation while not really produci g a MAJOR extra cost on top. atleast with the current Lumo levels imho
intuition likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 2:15 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
CX Arrival lounge is no more. It was discontinued due to airport development in HKG but I think there was not much incentive there for CX to find a new space for it.
Oh, my inexperience with flying shows so clearly! (I had to look it up, haven't been to HKG in a year and a hald. And apparently 4 years since I was at the arrivals...)

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Just wondering, but what are you reasons for using an arrival lounge? For me it's showers, and personally then I'd prefer to get back to my hotel asap. I would not need the full lounge access and would already be very happy if airlines would create a sort of ''shower'' lounge with maybe 5 showers to be used by arriving elite passengers. Small, convenient and for me sufficient. Wonder what your thoughts are about this...
Shower would be the main thing. But if one is not heading straight to a hotel (either connecting to a local transport or going to a meeting) it is also nice to sit down and collect oneself and acclimatize before moving on with the day.
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
I'm visioning a small place where Alepa or Glo is after exit 2B.
When do we have Intu-ArrivalLounge opening ceremonies ?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
When do we have Intu-ArrivalLounge opening ceremonies ?
I guess Raja needs to allow swedes into the country, so that may take awhile.

Opening ceremony will be one baguette each from Alepa and then let's see how many people we can cram into a dayroom at Glo.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Opening ceremony will be one baguette each from Alepa and then let's see how many people we can cram into a dayroom at Glo.
Remember to keep it pure Finnish and bring beer and lonkero cans from Estonia.
I watched some wedding format tv series and they listed top5 Finnish wedding traditions.
One In that top5 was beer served in cans and imported from Tallinn. This is Finland.
ffay005, Ed Size, SPBanker and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:28 am

Just wondering, but what are you reasons for using an arrival lounge?
If you need to wait something like pub opening, You can wait in lounge. Or if your taxi driver is late or something, wait in lounge.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
If you need to wait something like pub opening, You can wait in lounge.
So you just stay in the lounge then. I've successfully got in on arrival with the "but I'm Lumo and my friend here is almost Lumo and we need to celebrate him becoming Lumo soon". Ended up staying till closing time. Now that I think of it I might be the reason there will not be an arrival access perk...
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I don't see much use of an arrival lounge at HEL. Most longhaul arrivals are transfer pax, the rest mostly Finns who can head straight home. There aren't many foreigners arriving in the early morning who need to refresh before being allowed to check in at their hotel.
intuition likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:55 am

I wasnt talking about HEL.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by napapiiri
My experience is 100% arrival lounge denial as a Lumo. Believe me I try.
The case you are talking about is when you finish your trip to HEL without domestic connection, right?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by miikka
The case you are talking about is when you finish your trip to HEL without domestic connection, right?
It must be as domestic connections will obviously grant you lounge access in HEL.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by miikka
Correct. Usually I have a connection so it isnt an issue, but whenever I dont I try because why not (and I really just want to freshen up).
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by napapiiri
(and I really just want to freshen up).
This.

I want to check my email, have a coffee or something and maybe a shower if it's early morning. 15 minutes at most.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Just wondering, but what are you reasons for using an arrival lounge? For me it's showers, and personally then I'd prefer to get back to my hotel asap. I would not need the full lounge access and would already be very happy if airlines would create a sort of ''shower'' lounge with maybe 5 showers to be used by arriving elite passengers. Small, convenient and for me sufficient. Wonder what your thoughts are about this...
Showers and ironing Service. Maybe small breakfast, cup of Coffee and mimosa. Then straight to the city Center!
Old Jul 25, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
How about Award ticket SH stopover possibility? I don’t remember how voted this benefit was, but Would be great improvement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.