Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about future of FFPs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Maybe FinnairPlus knows about the following abnormality: My boarding pass for FRA - HEL welcomed me to the AY lounge in HEL. Is this a mistake or do we have now arrival lounge service at HEL?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Maybe FinnairPlus knows about the following abnormality: My boarding pass for FRA - HEL welcomed me to the AY lounge in HEL. Is this a mistake or do we have now arrival lounge service at HEL?

Isnt arrival lounge a Lumo perk or do I blame my spotty memory again

Then again I cannot really remember who here is Lumo and who is not 😂😂
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I thought it was an unofficial Platinum benefit (that I have never used) from well before Lumo came to be.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Interesting mistake. I'm happy to report that my VNO-HEL BP shows both lounge invitation and priority security. The only abnormality is boarding in Group 3.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I thought it was an unofficial Platinum benefit (that I have never used) from well before Lumo came to be.
Hasn't this perk been dead for the past few years based on reading reports here?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
Interesting mistake. I'm happy to report that my VNO-HEL BP shows both lounge invitation and priority security. The only abnormality is boarding in Group 3.
Boarding groups are by row numbers from furthest to closest from the door. There is no boarding priority (but I suppose you've realised that already).
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Boarding groups are by row numbers from furthest to closest from the door. There is no boarding priority (but I suppose you've realised that already).
Yeah, I've realised it. The funny thing is that they try to have people deboard according to row numbers, too. Nobody cares about that, though. On my last two flights, the FAs have read the announcements but not enforced it when everyone just gets up and walks out.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
My experience is 100% arrival lounge denial as a Lumo. Believe me I try.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by napapiiri
Yep. I have tried some times and denied always.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
thats not good. why didnt we raise this with AY on the discussion points that would have been a good benefit as a quick shower before going into town would be a good start to the day!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:35 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Beamer rides on departure, personal greetings and small talk how extremely valuable customer you are, free champers in whY, lounge access denial on arrival...talk about seamless top customer experience & service concept!
Purjelentaja, kauppias and FlyeBye like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I know it wouldn't be the same, but how do you all feel about a dedicated arrivals lounge? CX has one in HKG and while it is not luxurious it does its job. A dedicated arrivals lounge can better focus on the needs for arrival. Like having the shower rooms immediately serviced. Could also offer a few work desks and even snack/finger food plus coffee/tea. All could be rammed into a smallish space, as there should be no loitering anyway.

I'm visioning a small place where Alepa or Glo is after exit 2B.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
Yep. I have tried some times and denied always.
I asked once in PW in advance, and was told that a Lumo sure can get access. Unfortunately, couldn't try it then as the flight didn't de-board into the gate area. I'm quite sure you were unlucky about the agents you encountered. There are some really good ones, and quite a few who couldn't be bothered more by going an extra mile. All this also shows while entering the lounge - do you get a nice welcome, a seat and a champagne offered, etc.
Some people got a job to manage entry and table cleaning, whereas others are apparently employed in a role to make loyal customers feel welcome. Not a mistake of AY in job definition, but rather in people acquisition (or is it Fazer doing all this?).

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Beamer rides on departure, personal greetings and small talk how extremely valuable customer you are, free champers in whY, lounge access denial on arrival...talk about seamless top customer experience & service concept!
The only consistent part is the free champers in whY. The rest varies with weather, probably.

Originally Posted by intuition
I know it wouldn't be the same, but how do you all feel about a dedicated arrivals lounge? CX has one in HKG and while it is not luxurious it does its job. A dedicated arrivals lounge can better focus on the needs for arrival. Like having the shower rooms immediately serviced. Could also offer a few work desks and even snack/finger food plus coffee/tea. All could be rammed into a smallish space, as there should be no loitering anyway.

I'm visioning a small place where Alepa or Glo is after exit 2B.
I like the arrival lounge idea, although doubtful it would happen anytime soon (like within 2-3 years).
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
CX Arrival lounge is no more. It was discontinued due to airport development in HKG but I think there was not much incentive there for CX to find a new space for it.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Just wondering, but what are you reasons for using an arrival lounge? For me it's showers, and personally then I'd prefer to get back to my hotel asap. I would not need the full lounge access and would already be very happy if airlines would create a sort of ''shower'' lounge with maybe 5 showers to be used by arriving elite passengers. Small, convenient and for me sufficient. Wonder what your thoughts are about this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.