Search

Book future flights on AY?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Book future flights on AY?

Hey guys,

I just wonder if anyone books flights on AY for the future, I just got some real good offers for flights to the US by end of August and I can´t make a decision neither I m 100% positive that travel by then will be OK nor I m 100% sure that AY will operate those flights.

Am I to negative? Logic tells me everything will be OK by then, but these times are far away from logic.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Hey guys,

I just wonder if anyone books flights on AY for the future, I just got some real good offers for flights to the US by end of August and I can´t make a decision neither I m 100% positive that travel by then will be OK nor I m 100% sure that AY will operate those flights.

Am I to negative? Logic tells me everything will be OK by then, but these times are far away from logic.
I bought tickets for Oct on AY, if they get cancelled I am not worried that AY will fold on the otherhand I would not buy tickets on VS/ba/LH/SK etc for now 😂 personal risk tolerance
ffay005, Ed Size and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by kauppias
I bought tickets for Oct on AY, if they get cancelled I am not worried that AY will fold on the otherhand I would not buy tickets on VS/ba/LH/SK etc for now 😂 personal risk tolerance
Why LH or BA is a risk?

Who knows US restrictions of travelling or demand anyway.

I would start this about future of AY. How bright is that and what is the size of company after this crap.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Why LH or BA is a risk?

Who knows US restrictions of travelling or demand anyway.

I would start this about future of AY. How bright is that and what is the size of company after this crap.
the way they have handled themselves during cancellations lately is a HUGE RED FLAG for me granted I am not affected by the actions of those companies but I also dont want to give them business until such time as things atleast semi normalize
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
I have several flights booked with Finnair starting from September 2020 mainly to Bangkok. I am quite sure flights will be ok by then but all flights you book this month can be re-scheluded
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by finnishlad
I have several flights booked with Finnair starting from September 2020 mainly to Bangkok. I am quite sure flights will be ok by then but all flights you book this month can be re-scheluded

OKAY that sounds good - USA I m coming, BKK I be there anyway.
remymartin likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Booking intercontinental travel in july-august feels delusional to me. Chances that travel restrictions will be lifted by then are pretty slim. We should consider ourselves lucky if we can travel freely within the Schengen member area by that time. Elsewhere, it's going to be either not permitted by immigration, or two-ways quarantine.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I have postponed my upcoming flights so I now have trips booked for end of July (JFK), September (BKK), October (HKG) and November (DXB x 2). Of these, everything else was booked long ago, but the BKK booking I made late March to support AY. I can, of course, postpone it if needed, and my understanding is that I can also move it forward if and when the situation improves during summer.

Go ahead and book, Ed Size. AY needs all the sales they can make right now, and if Trump doesn't let you in, you can always postpone your trip.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:25 am

Unless there is a reliable and avaliable rapid Covid-19 test you can take on the airport before and after arriving I don't think travelling is likely. Germany is not cancelling Oktoberfest for fun, they are realistic about the future
NoWindowSeat and TTL like this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by finnishlad
re-scheduled but with fare difference payable now right?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Correct but I'm not worried about that. Prices are good now and I am very flexible when I will travel
Ed Size and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
re-scheduled but with fare difference payable now right?
When this changed?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Extra Mile
When this changed?
01APR20
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Extra Mile
When this changed?
it seems to be for bookings as of April 1 so if if booked before it should still work the old way
Old Apr 22, 2020, 12:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Hey guys,

I would book without hesitation.

For an upcoming trip I've opted for LH J though as AY Y was 50% more expensive on my route and dates (!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.