Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
There are two lavatories in the rear of an A319.
Originally Posted by teme
Okay, thanks for the info. It's been a while since I've needed to walk to the back of the plane
If they are both working 😂 one does not have to take the walk of shame 😉 there re options out of HEL 😂

I seriously HATE walking to the back of the plane to use the lavatory and then wait in line especially when paying J prices...
sueco6 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:06 am

In July, PRG-HEL was delayed. We sat in the plane for 3 hours until it was announced that the aircraft needs to be repaired. Sometime after midnight, the ground staff started arranging accommodation for the passengers and the process was extremely slow. One phone call -> one person/family was booked a hotel room. When I got to the hotel, they were rejecting passengers without a negative covid test or a proof of vaccination and of course, not everyone had one. Even the pilots were sitting in the hotel lounge talking on the phone, but I don't know if it was their personal choice to spent their night there or if they were looking for another hotel.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
That's awful. But then again, it's not airline's or hotel's fault if health pass is legally required to check in to a hotel, and the distressed passengers neglected that risk.

It's often said that you should always carry some spare prescription medicine, baby food and whatever else you might need, when traveling. I'd argue that the health pass is the same...
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The automatic gates at arriving non-Schengen passport control are in use again, but only for fully vaccinated pax. The cert is checked manually before you are allowed to proceed to the gate.

As a sidenote, AC2221 for Calgary, a 787, was closing at gate 40 when my TK flight landed. What's the story behind that? Diversion, charter, what?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
As a sidenote, AC2221 for Calgary, a 787, was closing at gate 40 when my TK flight landed. What's the story behind that? Diversion, charter, what?
Doubt it is a diversion since AC only serves FRA and LHR in Europe from YYC so HEL isn't exactly the most convenient diversion spot.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
Hockey Charter to WWC starting on 20AUG21
ffay005 and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:50 pm

FWIW, it's in the official timetable: https://services.aircanada.com/porta...metable-en.pdf

I guess those plane spotters will have another chance on September 2 ?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:57 am

Emme 16.8. lähtien hyväksy kangasmaskeja lennoillamme. Hyväksymme kirurgisen suu-nenäsuojaimen, venttiilittömän FFP2- tai FFP3-suojaimen tai vast. standardien (N95) mukaiset venttiilittömät suojaimet.

-Finnair twitter.

Poor translation: We don't accept fabric masks anymore. We accept surgical masks, ffp2, ffp3 or N95 standardized masks.

So is the regular blue one still accepted? What is not accepted anymore?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Funny. TK cares less and less about masks, while AY seems to care more and more. One more reason to... Well.

Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
So is the regular blue one still accepted?
Yes, all those single-use medical masks are ok.
sueco6 and remymartin like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 13, 2021 at 10:12 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Poor translation: We don't accept fabric masks anymore. We accept surgical masks, ffp2, ffp3 or N95 standardized masks.

So is the regular blue one still accepted? What is not accepted anymore?
What it says: fabric masks, i.e. reusable masks, such as home-made or fashion masks.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Obviously won't mean anything, but I wrote to Finnair about this ridiculous practise. Hopefully, this will end soon. Just checked to seatmap for my upcomig flight to LHR. It will be A319. Is the Finnair seatmap correct stating that there is only one rare lavatory? So one toilet for over 100 pax?
Just got a reply from Finnair regarding the front lavatory not available for passangers. As expected, nothing came out of it. Just a statement that they are sorry I was not happy with my flight and want to secure the safety of their crew and passangers. They did mention, however, the EASA instructions.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Just got a reply from Finnair regarding the front lavatory not available for passangers. As expected, nothing came out of it. Just a statement that they are sorry I was not happy with my flight and want to secure the safety of their crew and passangers. They did mention, however, the EASA instructions.
Safety of the passangers is secured by having all go to one toilet 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦 suuuuure 😂

Finnair is so stubborn they won't change anything until they realize it's costing them too much money 💰💰💰

😂

They didn't care about my little trips but when 40-100 people start booking J trips on AF or TK they might start to re-evaluate their decisions 🤷🏼‍♂️ or not 😂

I for one find the rear toilet walk of shame from J total crap 😉
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
HEL-BUD

Changed from Norra to mainline AY A32x, yeah! Afternoon flight, so no prio security, no lounge - boo. Plat c/i saves the day, normal queue is very, very long. Online b/p available to BUD, but we had checked luggage. C service is normal, they just started to serve a new brand of champagne a few days ago (sorry, forgot it) But no Plat greeting or anything... L/f seemed in the 60% range.

In BUD it is like 2019. Just walk out the airport, no questions asked. No masks in sight anywhere, good to feel free (strange to say it in connection wih HU) Theatres, cinemas, bars, restaurants are all open, town is not overflown with tourist groups, no stag dos! No health pass or similar necessary anywhere (except if you need elective surgery, I think)

come on girls and boys, jump in, the water is warm!

PS Lo and behold, FI has 10x more daily's positives in a population half that of HU. Maybe masks are the cause
ffay005 and Dieselross like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
C service is normal, they just started to serve a new brand of champagne a few days ago (sorry, forgot it)
Pierre Trichet, was it? Teased on the 4/2020 SkyBistro menu that never was delivered (and I think up til now they’ve been serving the old stock that was left…).
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yes, I think that's the one - never heard of it before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.