Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Lets hope Biden takes stupid test requirement down and fast.
Especially for green card holders like me, asinine policy.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
HEL-DFW. I was just able to OLCI and print BP without uploading any covid docs.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ffay005
HEL-DFW. I was just able to OLCI and print BP without uploading any covid docs.
And I was able to board, too, without any covid docs. Only the attestation form was required. They had forms available at the gate, so no need to print it at home like I did.

HEL felt very normal today. Most people have ditched the masks, actually I was surprised so few were wearing them. I hope this is my last flight masked, at least on AY, as the requirement ends tomorrow.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:03 pm

And I was able to board, too, without any covid docs. Only the attestation form was required. They had forms available at the gate, so no need to print it at home like I did.

HEL felt very normal today. Most people have ditched the masks, actually I was surprised so few were wearing them. I hope this is my last flight masked, at least on AY, as the requirement ends tomorrow.
I hope this becomes the new norm that carriers don't enforce any test requirements.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
TAY-HEL (45min flight time) is zero service concept. Not even water/juice. Crew sitting in 18AB relaxing during the flight. Why not make some money and sell some beers?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
TLL-HEL used to have a candy.
should be profitable route at least
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by florens
TAY-HEL (45min flight time) is zero service concept. Not even water/juice. Crew sitting in 18AB relaxing during the flight. Why not make some money and sell some beers?
Yea even pre-COVID in 2019 when I flew this route it was zero service also. Doesn't surprise me that the status quo has been maintained even now lol!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by spek
TLL-HEL used to have a candy.
should be profitable route at least
As did TKU-HEL, you even got coffee along with the chocolate bar. Ended around 2011 IIRC.
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold

Has AY ended masks? I read on BA via th Sherpa thing that there is mandatory testing on arrival if you come from the UK. IS that true or not?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Still row by row deboarding höpöhöpö even with no mask flight "to keep a safe distance".
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by webstereo
Has AY ended masks? I read on BA via th Sherpa thing that there is mandatory testing on arrival if you come from the UK. IS that true or not?
Mandatory testing on arrival where? Certainly not anywhere in EU, USA and even some Asian countries not.

Yes masks are optional on AY depending on the country of travel. So for example masks are required on AY flights to/from Italy but not required to/from UK for example.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Still row by row deboarding höpöhöpö even with no mask flight "to keep a safe distance".
I kinda like the row by row deboarding idea, as it feels like it speeds up the deboarding especially in ATRs versus the anarchy deboarding model. However, I suspect it only feels quicker because of where I usually sit and doesn't really speed up deboarding. 😆
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I honestly dont understand why ay at a time they NEED MONEY and EXTRA REVENUE dont sell onboard! Even short route every other airline manages to sell but ay cant? Ok Tallinn I can understand but the rest surely possible.... even for ay...

They could sell it as a job saving measure if unions push back about extra work?

They could easily also try a presell feature, easily pintable on BP for instance making it super fast and easy onboard no need for cash or cards.... Just saying one euro more from each pax adds up... my commercial side coming out again 😀😀😀 but does NOT seem like they want to gain more...
on22cz and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
I honestly dont understand why ay at a time they NEED MONEY and EXTRA REVENUE dont sell onboard! Even short route every other airline manages to sell but ay cant? Ok Tallinn I can understand but the rest surely possible.... even for ay...

They could sell it as a job saving measure if unions push back about extra work?

They could easily also try a presell feature, easily pintable on BP for instance making it super fast and easy onboard no need for cash or cards.... Just saying one euro more from each pax adds up... my commercial side coming out again 😀😀😀 but does NOT seem like they want to gain more...
Right. I bet they have internal corporate fights that affects.
Sustainability dep says: You must stop selling alcohol because we dont want image brand of drynk finns flying and removing alcohol saves CO2 as planes fly lighter! Same with meat, replace it with salads!
Sales dep says: we lose revenue what we need if we do that. What shall we sell then to get ancillaries, the basic flight is too price sensitive?
Sustainability dep says: Sell them CO2 offset! Flygskam! Sell them points! Sell them good nights wishes by the purser! You must use your imagination! Tell the pursers to remove that silly plat-talk but instead sell it as nice sleepwish for 10€. 20€ for a goodnight prayer! 30€ for a wakep for breakfast!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No problem!
Sustainability department has already come up with a number of things that can be sold onboard. None of the items releases extra CO2.

Ordinary Plat-talk: 5€
Heartwarm plat talk: 10 €
Plat-chat-deluxe: 15€

Being asked meal preference first: 10€
Actually getting the meal chosen above: +10€

1 hour of no nagging about putting mask on: 5€
Entire flight nag-free: 50€ (30€ for plats, free of charge for lumos)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.