Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Cancelling "most" Flights April 1 onwards. Refunds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Cancelling "most" Flights April 1 onwards. Refunds?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I think I have now 14 days since filling out the form and requesting the voucher. No sign yet, but no rush either.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
...and a few hours later it came. Great job AY!
SPBanker likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
I recommend you have written evidence when you Chargeback - I was once approached by a debt collector for a cancelled (airline) ticket - six months later!
your bank sold the chargeback debt to a collection agency? That doesn’t sound right. Or the airline came back to you?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by chitink
your bank sold the chargeback debt to a collection agency? That doesn’t sound right. Or the airline came back to you?
More details in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32262948-post7.html
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Again not so positive experience regarding these special covid procedures.

One of my flights got cancelled so I called to request the refund instead of moving the dates. Asked for the voucher to get the +10% but as I had paid part of the ticket (small part from the total price) already with a voucher I couldn’t get the +10% bonus if I would have chosen the voucher -> I took cash.

Of course I’m glad how fast the call was answered and that the agent was kind and I was able to get refund but still feels a bit weird that they couldn’t give the +10%.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Called today to refund a ticket. All sorted in 2.5 minutes, including waiting time. I opted for a voucher this time, and Janica told me to expect it within 30 days. What a backlog!
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
Called today to refund a ticket. All sorted in 2.5 minutes, including waiting time. I opted for a voucher this time, and Janica told me to expect it within 30 days. What a backlog!
Why does it take so long? BA is much bigger and I got all their refunds within 48 to 72 hours. With AY I've now been waiting almost a month.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by florens
Why does it take so long? BA is much bigger and I got all their refunds within 48 to 72 hours. With AY I've now been waiting almost a month.
Difference in the level of automation, booking channels and how they handle those. I got refund back to the credit card from AY in less than 48 hours when the booking was done through travel agency which obviously was highly automated for this purpose.
florens likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I'm 3 weeks in waiting for the money on my first refund request... BA was considerably faster, but they had issues with redepositing Avios, had to call in and the agent had to escalate to a "special department" (yes, BA seems to also have one! ). AY was the opposite - points redeposited straight away (chat), but no money yet.
florens and SPBanker like this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: Various
If I have already sent in a request for a refund do I then need to do the same for the return leg and does it matter that departure date of leg one has passed?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I'm 3 weeks in waiting for the money on my first refund request... BA was considerably faster, but they had issues with redepositing Avios, had to call in and the agent had to escalate to a "special department" (yes, BA seems to also have one! ). AY was the opposite - points redeposited straight away (chat), but no money yet.
same here with Finnair no money just the points back for some flights
Old Apr 17, 2020, 4:47 pm

Not that I’m flying but just out of curiosity, will Finnair move to terminal 2 or 5 in Heathrow now that T3 will be closed.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by nordic
Not that I’m flying but just out of curiosity, will Finnair move to terminal 2 or 5 in Heathrow now that T3 will be closed.
I guess 5 would be logical since BA is there.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I guess 5 would be logical since BA is there.
It is already in the GDS that AY will go to Terminal 2, apparently starting on Monday 20 Apr.

DOAY1331/20APR
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* AY1331 2 MO 20APR20
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
HEL 0800 MO JCD/M R/G I/M 319 3:10
U/M YBHKML/G
VSNQOZGX/G
LHR 0910 MO 3:10
COMMENTS-
1.HEL LHR - AIRCRAFT OWNER FINNAIR
2.HEL LHR - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
3.HEL LHR - DEPARTS TERMINAL 2
4.HEL LHR - ARRIVES TERMINAL 2
5.HEL LHR - 9/ NON-SMOKING
6.HEL LHR - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
7.HEL LHR - CO2/PAX* 155.09 KG ECO, 155.09 KG PRE
SW
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by nordic
Terminal 2 starting from 20APR20

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.