Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Cancelling "most" Flights April 1 onwards. Refunds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Cancelling "most" Flights April 1 onwards. Refunds?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
3 months "anniversary" of my refund request is fast approaching next week - the confirmation email said one month.

(PS - according to HS, AY's got 100k cases and the consumer board is getting thousand(s) of complaints about the refund and reportedly say that while it's understandable that the 7 days deadline is untenable, it is unacceptable to drag it out for months. Not that the board's opinion has any weight, unfortunately)

To compare - the cancelled Pori Jazz festival promised refund in 60 days from request, on day 58 email that the request has been processed, money on its way. Day 60 money on account.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Yeah now at about 16 weeks, despite numerous emails from AY saying 8 weeks, 12 weeks, then 8 weeks again. At least AMEX is still holding the credit on my account. But it still sits in my balance, and as one who monitors my credit closely, I don't like it. I may call Amex this weekend and insist them simply remove the charge.
Amex (FIN) chargeback with EZY worked surprisingly swiftly, case opened and closed within 10 days, credit on next month's bill - just make sure that the initial call agent doesn't deflect you to the the insurance path.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
13 weeks and still waiting. Obviously Finnair are not issuing refunds in chronological order. I'm so angry.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FinOWE
Requested a refund on 22-May-2020 and to my surprise I got the money refunded to my bank account already yesterday 17-Jun-2020 However, I paid my ticket using a voucher and money and still waiting to see new voucher...
Had almost the same timeline, requested the refund on 22nd May and it showed on my credit card 16th June.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
13 weeks and still waiting. Obviously Finnair are not issuing refunds in chronological order. I'm so angry.
No surprise here!
You may wait another 10 weeks, 20 weeks, 40 weeks, 80 weeks -> at one day you will have forgotten about your claim. This is what Finnair is counting on.
Finnair doesn't have to cash to issue the refund; To service the planes/loans/leases -> the Finnish government gave AY money; At one point Finnair wants to restart operations;It is best for you to forget your claim.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I had booked Finnair flights through Ebookers. I called Ebookers Platinum line couple weeks ago and they said they will forward the reclaim to Finnair. Money from all of the flights were credited to my card in two days. Ebookers gave back the booking fee on three days. That was very impressive to me.
intuition likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Wrong thread
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by Enjoy_the_flight
My status:
- Mar 24: Refund requested for reservation 1 (estimation back then 4-6 weeks)
- Mar 31: Refund requested for reservation 2 (estimation 4-6 wk) & decided to take voucher for reservation 3
- Apr 3: Voucher received
- May 20: Got email that my refund application(s) is still to be processed

8 weeks has passed and still waiting for refunds for two reservations (over 3k € loan to AY)...
UPDATE:
- Jun 29: Today, after 13-14 weeks of waiting, I finally received the refunds for reservations 1&2. Nice birthday present from Finnair!
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Tomorrow marks the start of my 14th week, still no sign of my refund. Paid by bank, so chargeback via CC is impossible. Besides that, the flight was partially paid by gift voucher, and partially with money. Gift voucher received but been waiting for months for the money part.

I've been promised twice that the payment would be made ''today or tomorrow''. The first time being about 4 weeks ago, the last time being 2 weeks ago. I've also been told it would be escalated to the other department three times, and one time I have been told that that must have been a mistake because there is no way to escalate these things. Good job AY.

@Enjoy_the_flight, I also requested refund on Mar 24th.

Last edited by EuroFlash; Jun 29, 2020 at 1:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.