Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Cancelling "most" Flights April 1 onwards. Refunds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Cancelling "most" Flights April 1 onwards. Refunds?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
I booked a non-refundable hotel with Agoda for a trip to Yangon in June. t!
I am guessing, it has something to do with hotels in Myanmar. I had non-refundable hotel with Booking.com in Mandalay in March. After I decided not to go, requested to booking.com cancellation and refund. Booking did not promise anything regarding refund but told me that they will request with the hotel. Hotel approved refund the next day.
Old May 18, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by niksal
I will never, ever use Ebookers again.
OK, YMMV, but...
  • Booked for AY via ebookers for mid-May
  • Flights progressively all cancelled at the start of April
  • Called 11 May to request refund - took 15 mins to make request
  • Processed and cleared into my Amex account 13 May
Not saying other people haven't had a nightmare, but just want to put it out there that it isn't *all* bad...
Old May 18, 2020, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Datapoint - refund requested 28/3, still no cigar on 18/5. Online agent "please be patient". Well, I have been, but I guess I'll need initiate a chargeback, much as I don't like AX customer service.

This is in sharp contrast with the previous refund, that was requested 3 days earlier and received already a month ago.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Datapoint - refund requested 28/3, still no cigar on 18/5. Online agent "please be patient". Well, I have been, but I guess I'll need initiate a chargeback, much as I don't like AX customer service.

This is in sharp contrast with the previous refund, that was requested 3 days earlier and received already a month ago.
Same here, also waiting for a refund requested 28/3. They really have a looot of pending requests that have to be handled manually they told me. Anyways, money should be in my account by the end of this week they said.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:47 am
R2

All but two of my cancelled flights have been refunded now. The two outstanding ones had refund requests made on 25 Feb and 14 March. These were both tickets were the outbound was already flown and presumably need manual calculation to figure out the amount to be refunded. IIRC the processing time indicated back then was 'up to four weeks' so it is way past that.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
Same here over 8 weeks now and nothing
florens likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 12:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Still waiting here. It's been 8 weeks now.

This pops up in the finnair chat:
The expected handling time is from 8 to 12 weeks. We're very sorry for the inconvenience!
Old May 20, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: AY+
Have been waiting more than 8 weeks for refund (mixture of money and points). Just got a mail from Finnar telling me they know I'm still waiting, and that refunds have an average handling time of ca 8 weeks. Sigh.
Old May 20, 2020, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by .roger.
Have been waiting more than 8 weeks for refund (mixture of money and points). Just got a mail from Finnar telling me they know I'm still waiting, and that refunds have an average handling time of ca 8 weeks. Sigh.
Got the same email. It said up to 12 weeks. Glad I charged back, not withstanding bizarre advice here to the contrary!
Old May 20, 2020, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Got the same email. It said up to 12 weeks. Glad I charged back, not withstanding bizarre advice here to the contrary!
I'm actually more interested in getting back my points right now, than the money, because I want to use the points for some future bookings. And I couldn't ask for a voucher since the refund is a mixture of money and points.
Old May 20, 2020, 10:43 am
R2

I got the same email 'update' informing the refund process will take 'unfortunately up to 12 weeks'. Well, I have an outstanding refund filed 25 Feb so over 12 weeks processing time already. It's not a lot of money but I just hate it when companies overpromise and underdeliver. At the time filing the request, they said it would take 'up to four weeks'.
florens likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by .roger.
I'm actually more interested in getting back my points right now, than the money, because I want to use the points for some future bookings. And I couldn't ask for a voucher since the refund is a mixture of money and points.
Just call or chat with the CS - they redeposit the points right away, even though the co-payment still goes its very very slow route. Worked for me.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Just call or chat with the CS - they redeposit the points right away, even though the co-payment still goes its very very slow route. Worked for me.
Thanks for the tip. One hour on hold on the phone, but then sorted and the points back in minutes. The money refund will take another week or so. Also made some rebookings, and seat changes, which were also quickly sorted. Happy again.
SPBanker likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't hold your breath for the money within a week... (just check the comments here) but good thing that your points are back!
Old May 21, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
My flights in March were cancelled but I rescheduled them for September and was okay with that. This morning I received an email that my HEL-ORD flight is cancelled (for September? Already?) and unless I'm missing obvious clues, there didn't seem to be a way to cancel my itinerary first online but I filed for a refund using the form. The chat bot also kept sending me to the Refund form page but not actually helping me cancel the ticket. I got an automatic email about my refund so... I think I'm in the system? I'll try contacting a person next week to make sure.

(12 weeks for a refund? Swiss won't even answer the telephone or respond to emails from my travel agent about my refund with them!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.