Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Cancellations due to expected weather conditions on March 4th

Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Weather forecast for Finnish capital region is predicting strong winds, sleet and/or rain for tomorrow, thus as preventive measure AY has cancelled some flights.

See travel update for exact details.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:48 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
It is forecasted to blow little bit but to me this sounds like an excuse to combine some half empty flights together, sorry to be so cynical..

AY/HEL has managed full schedule in much worse weather than is forecasted for tomorrow.
florens and vulle like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I believe we are going to see a whole lot more of these weather conditions until the Chinese flu epidemic is over.

Flew HEL-ARN-HEL today. Flights are usually filled to the brim. Today, maybe 70 % full.
vulle and intuition like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
I believe we are going to see a whole lot more of these weather conditions until the Chinese flu epidemic is over.

Flew HEL-ARN-HEL today. Flights are usually filled to the brim. Today, maybe 70 % full.
This is a bit weather related really, looking out from my window......and Finnar 330 from Delhi just had to make a go-around. Wind, snow and sleet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.