Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand flight waivers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The issue is not Thailand per se, but the Thai handling of inbound pax - in this case from SIN, that was and is ambiguous. A local friend opined that the junta tries to boost hotel occupancy this way (quarantine) though it doesn’t make any sense. His answer - that’s the Thai junta for you.

would you go from SIN to BKK for a meeting, having read these two pieces?

The nine countries are Japan, Germany, South Korea, China, Taiwan, France, Singapore, Italy and Iran. The two territories are Hong Kong and Macau, according to the announcement, coming in effect when it is published in the Royal Gazette.

and

Dr Suwannachai said that healthy people returning from Covid-19 risk countries would be quarantined at specific and guarded facilities. Previous returnees were being monitored.”

I chickened out - rather two extra days in SIN than 2 weeks in a guarded facility in Thailand.
Why do you still quote this nonsense. They even took down the Facebook page of that Dr. on which he posted this and other nonsense before. Germany and Singapore are not on the list and no one is sent to guarded quarantine that doesn’t show symptoms. Only advised self quarantine for travelers or Thai returnees from so called dangerous countries. No enforcement at all.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Why do you still quote this nonsense. They even took down the Facebook page of that Dr. on which he posted this and other nonsense before. Germany and Singapore are not on the list and no one is sent to guarded quarantine that doesn’t show symptoms. Only advised self quarantine for travelers or Thai returnees from so called dangerous countries. No enforcement at all.

still a risk I would not take with a 20000thb fine and or prison if one breaks the the quarantine. a thai prison is not a joking matter 😂😃

just my take on it...

is it worth the risk? for you seems so, for many propably not...

the the newspaper I read today in Thailand still listed SIN and DE but I only read the teaser portion as I am on holiday

Last edited by kauppias; Mar 7, 2020 at 12:44 am
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Why do you still quote this nonsense.
So you can see how things develop here? And in Thailand pretty much everything is not for sure, so today everything is fine - tomorrow it can change back. Right now the status is, that they check temperatures, if you have fever they put you aside, and may put you in quarantaine in a Thai hospital - on your own expense (better check if your insurance is gonna cover this eventually).
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ed Size
So you can see how things develop here? And in Thailand pretty much everything is not for sure, so today everything is fine - tomorrow it can change back. Right now the status is, that they check temperatures, if you have fever they put you aside, and may put you in quarantaine in a Thai hospital - on your own expense (better check if your insurance is gonna cover this eventually).
Exactly and we also have UK and Sweden with more confirmed cases now than HKG or SIN so changes to these rules can happen very quickly and unexpected.

Thailand is one place that looks pretty on the outside but to get caught inside their system/rules/restrictions is potentially a very different matter. But, with that being said, I’d still go from Finland as things are now.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Maybe you’d like to read my whole post and my comments - it might answer your question. I had no issues flying in from HEL. A ton of issues flying in from SIN - so I stayed put.

In other context it would be a high risk, very low return investment (trip). I don’t know your investment philosophy, mine says “stay away”
Ed Size and SPBanker like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:17 am

Maybe you’d like to read my whole post and my comments - it might answer your question. I had no issues flying in from HEL. A ton of issues flying in from SIN - so I stayed put.

In other context it would be a high risk, very low return investment (trip). I don’t know your investment philosophy, mine says “stay away”
I was just asking to not quote messages that have long been rescinded. You make your decisions, but others shouldn't do theirs based upon quotes that you have again posted although at that time it was already clear that the information in them has never been true.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:12 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
FYI upon DEPARTING Thailand they are measuring individually your temperature, Other countries I have seen them do temp checks upon arriving but beware if you are trying to get out 😁
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:20 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
FYI upon DEPARTING Thailand they are measuring individually your temperature, Other countries I have seen them do temp checks upon arriving but beware if you are trying to get out 😁
Thailand did this already in late Jan, around the date China was starting with the first quarantines. Found it also quite strange..didn’t ask what happens to those who have fever..
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:20 pm

That must have been a decision by the Thai Tourism Board. Efficient as always!
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Thailand did this already in late Jan, around the date China was starting with the first quarantines. Found it also quite strange..didn’t ask what happens to those who have fever..

I was here in Late jan as well but atleast on My travel dates no such checks. I did not ask either, but glad they let me pass 😁😂
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
They are doing everywhere. A week ago, I was changing flights (AY to TG) at BKK airport and I had to go through temperature measuring camera in transit area.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At Changi they do the same.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
14 days ago on arrival Nakhon Si Thammarat (a small airport in the south of Thailand) on a domestic flight from DMK temperature measurements were done before pax were allowed to enter the terminal.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
At Changi they do the same.
Since when? Not last week of February at least
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remymartin
Since when? Not last week of February at least
Yesterday they did - hardly noticeable when you enter the area before exit immigration. There's some screens and an IR camera on a tripod further back, very unobtrusive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.