FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Baggage handlers’ overtime ban at HEL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/2010173-baggage-handlers-overtime-ban-hel.html)

ffay005 Feb 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Baggage handlers’ overtime ban at HEL

According to YLE, https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11222288 , baggage handlers haven’t worked overtime since 01FEB20. Has this had an effect on arriving pax waiting times?

I rarely check a bag, but tomorrow (Sunday) I’m flying into HEL right after 3 pm, worst rush hour, and have a bag checked in. Any experience on the waiting times?

NoWindowSeat Feb 22, 2020 3:53 pm

I flew from IVL with 2 checked bags on the 12th, bags came surprisingly quickly but that was before the late evening rush hour and it was quiet. Very little experience as I too rarely check in any bags.

Liinetriine Feb 22, 2020 11:44 pm

Still waiting

Came from TLL to Kittilä with a stop in HEL (obviously) on Friday. Haven’t seen our checked-in luggage since. It’s supposed to be a mini ski trip an we are leaving soon.

The aircraft was full from HEL to KTT and only few pieces of luggage dispensed on the belt. We were handed a Finnair delayed luggage info card and asked to fill an online form. Did it. Since then - no information or updates of any sort whatsoever.
Also, there are no proper phone numbers to call and ask an update and to talk with a normal human-being.
Finnair’s website is like a constant roundabout, getting you to the starting point.

Till now AY has been my favourite with no problems, but looks like I have to make a claim this time...

FFlash Feb 23, 2020 1:17 am

Aha, that must be the reason.

I flew KUO-TKU in early Feb. Bags lost in HeL despite ample layover. Took 2 days to get bags.

Flew RVN-TKU yesterday and bags lost again, no news where they are...

ffay005 Feb 23, 2020 1:34 am

Doesn’t sound very promising. I wonder if I should just go home without waiting and wait for AY to call...

miikka Feb 23, 2020 1:45 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 32102562)
Aha, that must be the reason.

I flew KUO-TKU in early Feb. Bags lost in HeL despite ample layover. Took 2 days to get bags.

Flew RVN-TKU yesterday and bags lost again, no news where they are...

And Lumo didn't change the process at all - same way as always?

FFlash Feb 23, 2020 7:04 am

Originally Posted by miikka (Post 32102605)
And Lumo didn't change the process at all - same way as always?

I dont know what change you mean. Anyway, just now got call from airport my bags will be shipped home.

What is shame is the huge time to find and send the bags and NO COMMS whatsoever to customer.

ffay005 Feb 23, 2020 8:47 am

Quick recap:

AY1332 arrived at 15:38
First bag on belt 16:07
My (Prio, LOL) bag on belt 16:11

Not quick, but not out of the ordinary either. I was a bit surprised the bag arrived at all as it had spent almost 24 hours in transit at LHR.

miikka Feb 23, 2020 8:59 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 32103252)
I dont know what change you mean. Anyway, just now got call from airport my bags will be shipped home.

What is shame is the huge time to find and send the bags and NO COMMS whatsoever to customer.

I was a more interested if they would spot that they lost Lumo's bag and would put a more attention into it but I guess in this case it is just another bag among all those lost during this overtime ban.

FFlash Feb 23, 2020 9:02 am

Originally Posted by miikka (Post 32103517)
I was a more interested if they would spot that they lost Lumo's bag and would put a more attention into it but I guess in this case it is just another bag among all those lost during this overtime ban.

Well then Lumo only is for humans. No Lumo dogs or Lumo bags with priviledges.
Or wait, actually my lost bag was a Lumo bag...I checked in my Tumi as well!

miikka Feb 23, 2020 9:08 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 32103525)
Well then Lumo only is for humans. No Lumo dogs or Lumo bags with priviledges.
Or wait, actually my lost bag was a Lumo bag...I checked in my Tumi as well!

When I was Platinum and I had luggage left behind then I happened to call to ask something related but not about my luggage status from Platinum line. I was surprised when they had access to the lost luggage report status as well and they were voluntarily trying to look options to get it back to me before my next flight but in the end it just didn't work out (had to fly the next trip without that one and arrange a temporary address where the luggage could be received from courier). So, I was thinking if they would have monitored your status a bit more carefully; in the end, it isn't too difficult to have an automation to flag if Lumo's account gets a lost luggage report and then react on that. At least ensure proper reporting for the status but I guess not.

FFlash Feb 23, 2020 9:30 am

Well then it seems that a Lumo Tumi bag is as NIP (Not Important Person) as those laughable priority slips they stick to all ”Vip” bags which have never worked in the airline industry on any airline IME.

Courmisch Feb 23, 2020 10:56 am

You mean VUP, Verily Unimportant Person.

Liinetriine Feb 24, 2020 7:14 am

Got our luggage back just now, before to our flight home.
These were just lying in the KTT airport who knows how much time. Still, why no information - don’t they “beep” the barcodes for luggage?

ffay005 Feb 24, 2020 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Liinetriine (Post 32106679)
Got our luggage back just now, before to our flight home.
These were just lying in the KTT airport who knows how much time. Still, why no information - don’t they “beep” the barcodes for luggage?

Doesn't sound like very good customer service. You'd expect that when they see a piece of luggage "left behind", they'd try to figure out who it belongs to and why it's there.