Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Finnair forum Quiz, games, jokes -thread

AY Finnair forum Quiz, games, jokes -thread

Old Feb 7, 20, 6:09 am

Programs: AY+
Just read Bluewings today and found out that AY+ was launched in 1992.
Old Feb 7, 20, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by tulokas View Post
Just read Bluewings today and found out that AY+ was launched in 1992.
I was reading it onboard today as well. But I missed that detail. I was only focusing on the routemap where to go next until hypnotitized and fell asleep.
Old Feb 7, 20, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt View Post
They are now issuing AY+ numbers starting with 7!
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat View Post
My wife has got 671xx and son (junior) 674, both been members just under 15 years.
Originally Posted by Superrman View Post
695 9xx xxx here.. Latecomer to the party!
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Mine starts 671 too and somewhere 15-20 y ago. ...
Originally Posted by FinOWE View Post
Mine is 670... and I joined AY+ in 2003.

Let's get some serious "German tank problem" analysis going to establish the sign-up rate...
Old Feb 7, 20, 6:41 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Seeing lots of veteran here , give my hat off. You guys were plat when i was just born couple years.... My first ever flight was when i was3 years old. dont remember anything ,except the photo memory.

I have AY679 XXXXXX, this one was signup around 2011+, lost old account and signed up again when i really start to fly for work and leisure.
Old Feb 7, 20, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Let's get some serious "German tank problem" analysis going to establish the sign-up rate...
Heh, while on games, I love Bayesian probability, there is nothing wrong in believing in it!
If throwing dice and getting 9/10 times number 6, I believe the probability of getting number six is higher that 1/6!
intuition likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 7:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OHTOW View Post
My experience on AYPlus numbers are as follows: mine, from early 1990's (potentially changed from 8 digit to 9 digit at some point of time, but my approaching Alzheimers or similar has gracefully forgotten the details) starts with 62xxx. Later, my spouse got 692xxx, oldest son the same 692xxx, later the kids have been receiving 696xxx (could be also Finnair Junior series?).
Another 62xxx here!
Old Feb 7, 20, 7:39 am
UNC

Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Heh, while on games, I love Bayesian probability, there is nothing wrong in believing in it!
If throwing dice and getting 9/10 times number 6, I believe the probability of getting number six is higher that 1/6!
What you are describing is actually a frequentist view. Bayesians would likely have a high-kurtosis prior for theta (assuming bernoulli trials) centered around 1/6. The posterior would thus still be around 1/6 despite the likelihood of the observations.
Old Feb 7, 20, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UNC View Post
What you are describing is actually a frequentist view. Bayesians would likely have a high-kurtosis prior for theta (assuming bernoulli trials) centered around 1/6. The posterior would thus still be around 1/6 despite the likelihood of the observations.
Maybe, heck, I dont care if I made wrong note but alright this is anyway like airline stuff. Easy to guess right. Example, probability of my evening ATR to take me home ON TIME is easy to predict.
Old Feb 7, 20, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Back on topic, which airport approach?

Winner gets a free BMW ride with me next time

Old Feb 7, 20, 8:25 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Plat, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold
Kuopio?
Old Feb 7, 20, 8:45 am

Mine starts at 642 - I'm not sure if it's the number I got as a junior member, or if this was later as an adult. I'm a bit worried that I have no memory when I signed up as I should not be approaching Alzheimers age yet!
OHTOW likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 10:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
639 start, 9 digits. No idea when I signed, but didnt you have to be 18 back in the days? I dont remember Junior existing when I was younger.
Old Feb 7, 20, 11:00 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), *A Silver
Mine starts with 614...
Ouch.
Didnt think I was that ancient...
NoWindowSeat and cistavoda like this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by niksal View Post
639 start, 9 digits. No idea when I signed, but didn’t you have to be 18 back in the days? I don’t remember Junior existing when I was younger.
I have a vague recollection of having first had the junior card and then an adult one. But I wasn't too aware of what the card was for, and didn't really care for a long time even as an adult.

Edit: I found an MA thesis which describes an earlier invite only -programme launched in 1978! Anyone admit they were a member then? P 14 https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/fb9...073853c2b0.pdf

Also, the junior card was at least around in 2001 (via google books: International Cases in Tourism Management, Horner & Swarbrooke, 2004, p 223)

Steve_Hun likes this.

Last edited by Eyrie; Feb 7, 20 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 7, 20, 12:01 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac King of Coffee, Chick-fil-A Red
I saw a mention of JR status available 1999 on the Wayback machine

Search this Thread