Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Always a fish option?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
That's because they make the starters at HEL while many of the main courses are deep-frozen German stuff.
Is it so? When visiting Finnair Kitchen I understood that short haul mains were coming from German frozen, but starters and long haul mains were made in their own kitchen.
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:59 am
UNC

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Is it so? When visiting Finnair Kitchen I understood that short haul mains were coming from German frozen, but starters and long haul mains were made in their own kitchen.
This is correct, yes.
esledo likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Not eating fish (plainly because I just don’t like the smell / taste of it) I’m very focused on how much fish is actually served on AY, and it seems like all other options run out before fish does...

Now, I don´t fly AY J because of the food - if food was the sole (get the joke?) reason - I would never in a million years fly AY.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
My understanding was that some of the longhaul dishes were German stuff, too. But I'm not going to argue here, perhaps it was a misunderstanding.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:46 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by elventhor
Strange, I've been a *huge* fan of all the AY fish appetizers. I was just thinking to myself (AY101) that I'd be happy with the salmon tartar in any fine dining restaurant!
Chef's gourmet has been really terrible last two times, though, I guess it's time to give up and switch to fish.
I like their fish starters also a lot, it’s just that with the pre-meal champagne/cocktail/water/etc I’d prefer quality peanuts over a ”one bite” fishy amuse bouche...that was my point..
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Looking at my HEL-DEL preorder options, the veggie option Paneer Butteer Dal Jamavar is exactly the same as they served on DXB-HEL and most certainly not AY-made. Also, option 3 is Chicken breast in youghurt sauce, tabbouleh and ochre, and somehow I find it hard to believe AY Kitchen would use such exotic ingredients...

I wonder what the case here really is. Probably not too easy to find out, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.