Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair plus status grace period

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by mechu
iOS here too. Not sure if we can take this to mean that there’s officially a grace period of 2 months after end of tracking period. Although perhaps this grace period would cover some of the benefits only and not things like the 25% tier bonus.
i hope it doesnt replace the soft landing
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:02 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
It’s been like this for ages. Card is valid 2 months beyond but all benefits end the day the tracking period ends. There’s no grace period, it’s just that they get the new card out. If someone wants to flash the card to get to a lounge or premium checkin they
might let you do so but boarding pass will not show old status (if it changed). Definitely no old status bonuses during those 2 months.
esledo likes this.

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Feb 27, 2020 at 9:22 am
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
It’s been like this for ages. Card is valid 2 months beyond but all benefits end the day the tracking period ends. There’s no grace period, it’s just that they get the new card out. If someone wants to flash the card to get to a lounge or premium checkin they
might let you do so but boarding pass will not show old status (if it changed). Definitely no old status bonuses during those 2 months.
One instance I can think it being useful is AA baggage allowance, if you had higher status at the time of booking it's that allowance that counts by showing your ticket receipt. Good for waving the $150 70lbs fee.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Not that much in this post is true. Grace period is fully there and BP also shows "old" status. 4/4 data points already
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Not that much in this post is true. Grace period is fully there and BP also shows "old" status. 4/4 data points already
This is then a very recent change and I stand corrected. Very interested in hearing if this holds for new bookings too, done during this grace period.

I find it kinda strange if AY has 2 different statuses for one pax...Gold in the air, Plat on ground...doesn’t make any sense to me...if they had a grace period why not do it properly then..not like you describe it?

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Feb 27, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
After previous tracking period ended went down a tier. First flight was just 2 days into new period. Boarding passes already showed my new lower status.
remymartin, ffay005, lkrt and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Very interesting datapoint!
Approximately, when was this?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by intuition
Very interesting datapoint!
Approximately, when was this?
Tracking period ended Aug19 and flew in beginning of September. However not 2 days after, it was 4 days now that I checked my calendar.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:29 am

I still highly doubt that anything has really changed. Post Scriptum has got some different experiences which make little sense to me (esp. this plat on BP, gold onboard thing). Finnair simply cannot have 2 diff. status for 1 person.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Basically anything can happen. I've had AY Platinum / OW Sapphire on the same boarding pass when I went up from Gold to Plat.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I dont believe a cent in this grace period.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Something changed on my Android App as well.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
I dont believe a cent in this grace period.
Correct. I can confirm my Finnair app showed my tracking period would end the 29th of February. While the end of the Platinum membership was set two months later.
However, two days ago on the 1st of March I got a wonderful softlanding to Gold (wouldn't have even reached that with my tier points or flights segments. There is no mention at all anymore of this possible 2 month grace period. Yet, my app now shows again my Finnair Gold is valid for 14 months while my tracking period lasts 12. It is a bug.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So we can join this thread with the AY IT thread, I guess
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
So we can join this thread with the AY IT thread, I guess
Indeed, they should just amend the wording in the apps to:

zzzz status tracking period: xxxx - yyyy

Current card valid +2 months, with whatever status applies for the new tracking period

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.