Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The extra 1000 points that you get for any transaction seem to post ASAP. My 16JUN flight HEL-TXL earned 1250 tier points and 2250 award points.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
The extra 1000 points that you get for any transaction seem to post ASAP. My 16JUN flight HEL-TXL earned 1250 tier points and 2250 award points.
I haven't and I bought some AY points from Amex which were posted on 17th.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Bought 30K points so my Christmas flight would be only 249 euros total, rather than the 400-500 it usually costs. ))
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
While the 100% bonus could make the promo useful for some, currently I am very much avoiding paying real money for any "private" currency, be it hotel or airline points/miles. Call me fiscally conservative, if you want
DALtoAAL and Clydez like this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
While the 100% bonus could make the promo useful for some, currently I am very much avoiding paying real money for any "private" currency, be it hotel or airline points/miles. Call me fiscally conservative, if you want

the way they are printing € or $ for that matter I have some serious doubts about WHAT is real currency anymore 😂😂😂
FFlash likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
the way they are printing € or $ for that matter I have some serious doubts about WHAT is real currency anymore 😂😂😂
I had the same feeling a decade ago, when QE started in the major economies and yet inflation has been very low, money has been very cheap (or even free)* - must throw out all those economics textbooks of yesteryear.

* Nordea is working very hard to avoid them having to pay me for the mortgage.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
I'm opposite. I have spend £8000 for September 20-May 21 for flights, & hotels. But all of them are changeable or free to cancel if need to
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you spend that money on actual bookings or on points/miles? I refrain from the latter, the former is just business as usual (hopefully)
Old Jun 20, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I had the same feeling a decade ago, when QE started in the major economies and yet inflation has been very low, money has been very cheap (or even free)* - must throw out all those economics textbooks of yesteryear.

* Nordea is working very hard to avoid them having to pay me for the mortgage.

I am in the same situation with nordea 😂😁 Have been for nearly 10years
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Double tier and award points campaign now up!

Book by 07AUG, fly 08JUL-30SEP
loimu, lento, Jainzar and 3 others like this.

Last edited by lkrt; Jul 7, 2020 at 7:13 am
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by lkrt
Double tier and award points campaing now up!

Wow, whats the best routing ?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
So with this campaign ex-HEL asia return in J would give 80k tier points for plat?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
So with this campaign ex-HEL asia return in J would give 80k tier points for plat?
Little bit less as " The promotion does not qualify for extra tier bonus points. ​​​​​​"
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:45 am

So this is rather CRAPPY

a great thank you to those of us who did NOT cancel our trips and take our cash but instead rebooked...

I guess I have to cancel ALL my AY J trips now...

not cool AY! While I understand that AY needs cash but still stings for those who just rebooked cancelled flights to help AY keep cash in the coffers!
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by lento
Little bit less as " The promotion does not qualify for extra tier bonus points. ​​​​​​"
So 40k for the "normal" accural, plus 32k for the double (just the basic points, not the plat extra)? Or am i still completely wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.