Ay1332 lhr-hel

Old Dec 23, 19, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Ay1332 lhr-hel

Hi all,

I'm looking to fly from LHR - HEL early February and noticed that AY1332 has been operating as an A359 most days, with occasional substitution for an A320 or A330.

The BA site shows a type for all flights except AY1332 which is currently not showing any type at all.

Ideally I'd quite like to try the A350 but would be happy with an A330 as that also has a proper business class seat I believe? Given there is no cost difference between the 330/350 and the 320 flights which is just a no-sell on the middle seat, I would rather fly one of the wide-bodies if at all possible.

Does anyone know if AY plan to keep the A350 operating AY1332 or if it is just currently for training purposes?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 19, 7:51 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, IHG Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest, BT Vip
Refer to this thread for details...
esledo likes this.
Old Dec 23, 19, 8:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Toonshorty View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking to fly from LHR - HEL early February and noticed that AY1332 has been operating as an A359 most days, with occasional substitution for an A320 or A330.

The BA site shows a type for all flights except AY1332 which is currently not showing any type at all.

Ideally I'd quite like to try the A350 but would be happy with an A330 as that also has a proper business class seat I believe? Given there is no cost difference between the 330/350 and the 320 flights which is just a no-sell on the middle seat, I would rather fly one of the wide-bodies if at all possible.

Does anyone know if AY plan to keep the A350 operating AY1332 or if it is just currently for training purposes?

Thanks
The BA site never shows a type if the A350 is planned. When Finnair received the A350s, BA didn't operate the type and didn't update their database to show the type on the website. Now BA operates the -1000 version and it still doesn't work. I'd refer to expertflyer or the Finnair website to get accurate aircraft information. Of course this is always subject to change.
Old Dec 23, 19, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTL View Post
Originally Posted by florens View Post
The BA site never shows a type if the A350 is planned. When Finnair received the A350s, BA didn't operate the type and didn't update their database to show the type on the website. Now BA operates the -1000 version and it still doesn't work. I'd refer to expertflyer or the Finnair website to get accurate aircraft information. Of course this is always subject to change.
Thanks both,

It doesn't look there is any A350 availability for our dates anyway so will probably take the 1337/8 A330 option with the throne seats.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: