Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business seats with kids

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Business seats with kids

Does anyone have any advice on best business seating arrangement with little kids? We've flown BA business with them before but that seemed a bit more straightforward with the centre seats so cosy together...

We are flying Helsinki to Hong Kong and all the seats seem to angle
away from each other, with the centre two set back from each other so that there's no connection there either?

If anyone has an opinion on which seats would work best for being able to keep an eye on kids, that would be great. I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to see them wherever we are sitting. They are 4 and 5.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Laima
Does anyone have any advice on best business seating arrangement with little kids? We've flown BA business with them before but that seemed a bit more straightforward with the centre seats so cosy together...

We are flying Helsinki to Hong Kong and all the seats seem to angle
away from each other, with the centre two set back from each other so that there's no connection there either?

If anyone has an opinion on which seats would work best for being able to keep an eye on kids, that would be great. I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to see them wherever we are sitting. They are 4 and 5.
Are you on A333 or A359? I assume 359 based on your description.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Are you on A333 or A359? I assume 359 based on your description.
I tried to attach an image but I'm not allowed to as I've never posted before.

I don't really know how to find which plane properly? But on seat guru it's listed as 350-900. Sorry I'm not a very technical flyer!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I tried to attach an image but I'm not allowed to as I've never posted before.

I don't really know how to find which plane properly? But on seat guru it's listed as 350-900. Sorry I'm not a very technical flyer!
What is your flight number/where are you going to? It should be listed somewhere when managing your booking?

A359, 350-900 and A350 are the same just so you know.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Across the aisle works best, so that children sits on the window-seat (as it is little bit backwards from the "aisle" seat position, even technically on a same row). You can easily see the kid and help with food etc. Center seats would be the worst, you can't really see the person on the other seat and ca't help at all. And this purely with 350 experience, worked fine on couple LH's and shorthauls.
vulle and GeeTee77 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
We have a 7-year old daughter, and usually have booked A-D-H, i.e window and two middles so our daughter has the D seat. But as you travel with two kids I recommend two window-middle combos on the same aisle.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:23 am

Why wouldn’t each of you pair up with a child?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
Why wouldn’t each of you pair up with a child?
That is our plan usually, but my concern was that none of the seats seemed naturally paired. We have window - aisle/window - aisle at the moment so it sounds like that will be best. Thanks for your help.
vulle likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
That is our plan usually, but my concern was that none of the seats seemed naturally paired. We have window - aisle/window - aisle at the moment so it sounds like that will be best. Thanks for your help.
Yeah reverse herringbone seats are not the best with children.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.