Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strike warnings for monday 25.11.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Mrs. deissi just did. 40 min queue for the plat line.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by deissi
Mrs. deissi just did. 40 min queue for the plat line.
May I ask, was it worth it? Meaning did the Mrs. manage to re-book herself on her preferred option?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
No, but wasn't really Finnair's fault. She was flying to a smaller European city (connecting with a non-oneworld partner) and there simply were no suitable alternatives available to get there even though the agent tried her best.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:40 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Currently in San Francisco. Received SMS and email this morning that AY12 tomorrow cancelled. Tried calling, no go. But less than four hours after the SMS, I am re-routed to HEL via MUC. SFO on LH. Happy camper.
ffay005 and TTL like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Now recognized by OMAAT: https://onemileatatime.com/finnair-strike/
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
All flights to Tallinn canceled, impressive.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by vanaema78
All flights to Tallinn canceled, impressive.
Viking XPRS is still running - the ships are Estonian-flagged.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:20 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
SFO-MUC-HEL LH instead of AY cound result in quite nice double-dipping especially if in biz...
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I'm on-board AY1335 to LHR at the moment. The huge J section had 4 passengers and Y is 1/3 empty.

Seems really surprsing considering that so many passengers could have been re-routed to all the cancelled destinations in Europe via LHR, where pretty much all European non-LCCs fly.

For those flying later today, the airport is absolutely lovely with so few people and the AY lounges function normally.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:51 am

I am assuming because of the revenue generated the JFK - HEL - DEL flights are safe for the foreseeable future?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by DIDO2SPAC
I am assuming because of the revenue generated the JFK - HEL - DEL flights are safe for the foreseeable future?
I doubt any flights are truly safe. If anything, feeder flights to major hubs look to me like the least likely to suffer from strikes, especially HEL<->LHR (for Oneworld connections) and to a lesser extent HEL<->CDG (for SkyTeam connections). On the other hand, domestic and Tallinn flights are always the first to be hit since they can be substituted with ground or sea transportation respsectively.

I've heard that HEL<->JFK was not all that profitable, and in any case, there are plenty of alternative indirect options for rerouting.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch
I doubt any flights are truly safe. If anything, feeder flights to major hubs look to me like the least likely to suffer from strikes, especially HEL<->LHR (for Oneworld connections) and to a lesser extent HEL<->CDG (for SkyTeam connections). On the other hand, domestic and Tallinn flights are always the first to be hit since they can be substituted with ground or sea transportation respsectively.

I've heard that HEL<->JFK was not all that profitable, and in any case, there are plenty of alternative indirect options for rerouting.

I am doing JFK > HEL > DEL on December 12, so I will have to monitor this closely.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:45 pm

Call center waiting time at midnight was 40 minutes (calling the Plat number). They still seem to have a lot to do...
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by DIDO2SPAC
I am doing JFK > HEL > DEL on December 12, so I will have to monitor this closely.
The support strike is for 24 hours only. No reason to believe your flights on 12DEC will be cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.