Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Crew Wi-FI misuse

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by spek
I was amazed by the number of the crew, who were displaced from service. If its been like couple of FA's ... but it was on a mass scale, to believe the news - sounds like a bigger problem
Where was the number published? At least according to YLE/STT Finnair hasn't published the number of FAs fired and while the union (SLSY) is aware of the case they don't know the numbers involved either.

In Finnish:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11052389
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by spek
but it was on a mass scale, to believe the news -
No numbers published how many employment were terminated but there must be other violations than only aircraft wi-fi.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yeah, rather unusual in Finland to get fired on the first strike - usually it's verbal/written warning once, twice and only then you're out (if then...)
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Yeah, rather unusual in Finland to get fired on the first strike - usually it's verbal/written warning once, twice and only then you're out (if then...)
Which makes it more likely that this was Asian crew. I don't believe SLSY would protest much...
ffay005 and OH-LGG like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
It also means that AY does not provide wifi for employees or only give them short-term vouchers. So cabin crew has connected to customer-wifi and login at the Nordic sky portal using the customer credentials.
Corporate issued iPhone is configured to connect corporate newwork (hidden) on WiFi enabled aircraft. Corporate network allows access to corporate apps on back-end. Supprisingly WhatsApp is also allowed.

Rumour: There has been more than 600 connection cases to customer network using corporate iPhones.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by temppa
Rumour: There has been more than 600 connection cases to customer network using corporate iPhones.
Which is just stupid. Surely the corrupt FA should use her private phone to make it at least a bit harder to track.
Clydez likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
I don´t know how reliable this boarding area blog is but according to this post it looks like only those who systematically abused might lose their job.

“The internal investigation and hearing process is still on-going. The consequences vary depending on the severity of the misuse. Blatant and systematic misuse can lead to termination of employment.”

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2...-onboard-wifi/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.