Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

DEL flights to served by India-based cabin crew

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEL flights to served by India-based cabin crew

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
was it a bearded guy who messed up your service ? The lady pursers are fine IMHO
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
On both directions what I’ve noticed is that the general AY safety procedures were thrown out of the window. With AY crew, seats have to be in the upright position for take off and landing. This was more of a suggestion with the Indian crew. It was announced, but not enforced. Also, they did not ask a guy to put away his laptop during take-off. The flat “table” area on the sides of the J seats always have to be empty with AY crew for take-off and landing, but these guys couldn’t give a damn.
Tell the customer service. That's something they are likely to fix by training - eventually - and for which you might get feedback compensation.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Tell the customer service. That's something they are likely to fix by training - eventually - and for which you might get feedback compensation.
Disagree! Based on my recent experience, the outsourced Indian crew just don't care about enforcing basic safety principles, or serving the meals and the wine at the same time.They're basically just doing their job.- nothing more. You could even train the crew to smile, but forcing a fake smile would be even worse. Adding at least one Finnish cabin crew member could help, but that would be a hell of a job for them, to keep the Indian staff under control!
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
It seems that the J service is not exactly stellar. Does anyone have experience with the Y service to DEL these days, just out of curiosity?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
Smile

Its like J the staff have big egos, they now work for Finnair instead of Indigo or spicejet or goair
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by jakas
Its like J the staff have big egos, they now work for Finnair instead of Indigo or spicejet or goair
Well yeah, to the consolation of finnair, AirIndia is a dump for me regarding service attitude. Never fly with them anymore.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by jakas
They need QR style management.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Just sent the letter to CS now... Let's see what they'll reply.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by CDGAYPlat
Disagree! Based on my recent experience, the outsourced Indian crew just don't care about enforcing basic safety principles, or serving the meals and the wine at the same time.
First, it's up to Steve_Hun if wants to complain to CS or not, and possibly get feedback comp, not you.
And then, I think your argument amounts to procès d'intention which is unfair. FWIW, the SIN-based crew did visibly improve over time.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I flew from DEL to HEL on Friday in J and had a generally positive experience with the Indian-based cabin crew:

- The crew always served me with a smile
- When I requested to have specific wines with my meal, they were delivered with the tray. When I needed refills or another wine, this was done quickly.
- The crew enforced AY safety regulations: e.g. the cubby holes by the seats had to be empty for takeoff and landing.
- Disembarking at HEL was through L2, and the crew held back Y pax so that J could get out first.

All in all, a very pleasant flight! The only issue I had was that Finnair's product is starting to show its age, but with the price of the fare, I probably shouldn't be complaining!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:25 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Would be nice to hear how the customer service reacts to the feedback in this case. I was surprised to get last year a very nonreactive email back fro to customer service when I gave feedback of flight operations. For those who can finnish there is a chapter below. In short, customer service where I sent the feedback was apologetic and said that if you want to sen feedback you can do it via this web link. ??????? I send feedback to platinum service email and they request me to send feedback again?

I did file the same message via the link and never heard of it again :-P

Finnair Platinum [email protected] via finnair365.onmicrosoft.com

Mon, Jun 10, 2019, 11:55 AM

to me

Hei XXXX,

kiitos viestistä.

Pahoittelen tilannetta ja on harmillista, että tämä on sattunut myös sinun
kohdallesi lennolle.
Mikäli haluat, voit tehdä meille palautteen täyttämällä lomakkeen osoitteessa.
https://www.finnair.com/fi/fi/inform...vices/feedback

Mukavaa jatkoa päivällesi!
Ystävällisin terveisin
XXXX
Customer Service Agent, Finnair Plus
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Different people do customer service and feedbacks/claims so if you want a reply or compensation, it needs to be filed through the form.

I agree that they could’ve sent it forward but the form asks you details of the flights and bookings the feedback is about, so they probably want you to fill these out.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, the "feedback" form is mostly designed to handle claims, like damaged/lost stuff. They are not geared for handling true feedback in any channels, ie they do not collect and act upon customer feedback/stories/suggestions.

As you've noticed, CS will redirect you to the feedback form. But sending feedback without a claim in the form will only result in a response "we have forwarded your message to the approriate department". That is the last you'll ever hear from them.
It is pointless and a waste of time and energy to give Finnair feedback. (Unless you are chasing compensation)
jakas likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), *A Gold, ST Elite Plus
Another HEL-DEL with the Indian crew in J. First I got the plat talk from a bearded guy which was pleasant. And then a lady took over. We had exactly 3 more minimal communications... the welcome drink, drink with food and the meal. When i asked her for a blanket, she gave the look that every idiot knows the blankets are in the overhead compartment. But they were not, I had already checked. I did get my blanket at some point.
i filled the breakfast form for them to wake me up and get me tea, but she never picked it up and when i woke up it was a good 45 min to landing, it was still sitting on the table. She looked so busy that I could not even catch her and she never slowed down to ask if I want any tea/coffee/ or anything. They were bringing tea/ coffee to some people but I guess I just wasn't worthy of it.
Not that I really had to have that airplane breakfast, but i just felt quite neglected and I don't think something like that has ever happened to me even in Y.
Or am I just too fussy???
CDGAYPlat likes this.

Last edited by travelmoments; Feb 15, 2020 at 9:24 am
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Your experience is very different from mine. I flew HEL-DEL-HEL earlier this month and had a pleasant experience both ways, with a handshake included in the Plat talk etc.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32042050-post194.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32046899-post197.html

Too bad it seems to be a mixed bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.