Lockers at HEL?

Old Sep 9, 19, 5:57 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Kulta (OW Sapphire), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
Lockers at HEL?

We have an 8 hour layover in HEL (GVA-HEL-HKG) now come November, and we would want to go to town to meet up with some friends for dinner as we have enough time to kill.

I think I recall having seen lockers in the non-Schengen lounge (could very well have been well before the refurbishment started) but not sure as I never needed them before.

So, can anyone confirm there are indeed lockers available so we can leave all our carry on behind before hitting Helsinki CC?

It would then mean GVA arrival, run over to the Non Schengen lounge, leave our carry on, exit the airport, return to the non Schengen lounge and pick up our stuff before heading off to HKG (and subsequently SYD). We' have access to both lounges (both as J pax and Plat/Gold).

I do have @florens sent out to check it out later now in September, but his drinking habits makes me a tad reluctant to trust his observation of details - Maybe he reports back "double" lockers
florens and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 6:02 am

Programs: AY Lumo, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Cupart View Post
We have an 8 hour layover in HEL (GVA-HEL-HKG) now come November, and we would want to go to town to meet up with some friends for dinner as we have enough time to kill.

I think I recall having seen lockers in the non-Schengen lounge (could very well have been well before the refurbishment started) but not sure as I never needed them before.

So, can anyone confirm there are indeed lockers available so we can leave all our carry on behind before hitting Helsinki CC?

It would then mean GVA arrival, run over to the Non Schengen lounge, leave our carry on, exit the airport, return to the non Schengen lounge and pick up our stuff before heading off to HKG (and subsequently SYD). We' have access to both lounges (both as J pax and Plat/Gold).

I do have @florens sent out to check it out later now in September, but his drinking habits makes me a tad reluctant to trust his observation of details - Maybe he reports back "double" lockers
Yes, there are lockers in the Schengen Lounge as well as in the Non-Schengen Platinum Wing.
florens and Cupart like this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 6:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Cupart View Post
Not sure what you mean?
Cupart likes this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 8:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Since Cupart got a reply to his question, I will be able to use my valuable time for more important things at the Plat Wing ... such as indulging in Gin or whatnot instead of looking for lockers!
Cupart, Steve_Hun and Superrman like this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 1:39 pm

If for whatever reason you can't leave stuff in the lounge, the basement near T1 and the basement of the central railway station both have pay-lockers (euro coins needed, but I think there is a machine to change notes)
Old Sep 10, 19, 12:01 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I believe it's seriously frowned upon to cache things in the lounge and then leave the airport, but if you think you can get away with it ...

In any case, there are plenty of lockers landside.
Old Sep 10, 19, 3:22 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
yes, lockers available, next to the showers @SHCnegen lounge. big enough to have a cabin size suitcase in it
Old Sep 10, 19, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Perhaps a stupid question but do they have locks?
Old Sep 10, 19, 9:33 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Prince of Pastry, Chick-fil-A Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
Perhaps a stupid question but do they have locks?
Would be a very pointless locker if you can't actually secure your stuff in it?
Steve_Hun and on22cz like this.
Old Sep 10, 19, 10:26 pm

Yes. They do.
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
Would be a very pointless locker if you can't actually secure your stuff in it?
Perhaps different places in the world have different solutions to that, like you needing to bring your own padlock? I don't think one should assume everyone knows the system in Finland.

And yes, they have locks.
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:45 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Perhaps different places in the world have different solutions to that, like you needing to bring your own padlock? I don't think one should assume everyone knows the system in Finland.

Right. I love how in Japan you can leave your stuff and nobody steals it
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:51 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Prince of Pastry, Chick-fil-A Silver
Originally Posted by intuition View Post

Given this is HEL and not a public pool I don't think any airport has that kind of system to bring your own locks.
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
I'm just saying, C17PSGR seems to be from another continent where bringing your own padlock might be more common.
Old Sep 16, 19, 12:50 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Kulta (OW Sapphire), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
Originally Posted by henry999 View Post
I believe it's seriously frowned upon to cache things in the lounge and then leave the airport, but if you think you can get away with it ...
Why would this be frowned upon? I'm paying for a full J service made available so why would I care if anyone would frown upon it and besides, is there a locker police guarding the lockers?

Besides, leaving the airport w/o my stuff, (placed in a locker in either of the three lounges) would free up space in the crowded lounges so more to eat and drink for others anyway, so win-win...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: