Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AIr Baltic is matching Finnair gold, plat. and lumotic into their highest status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AIr Baltic is matching Finnair gold, plat. and lumotic into their highest status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by on22cz
Have you tried Garuda?
Garuda seems to list only a few programs they match, all relevant to SEA region, like QF, CX, SQ and so on. If anyone has had success with a match from AY, please tell!

I can't even get their site to process my member application.
Processing your request
Thank you for waiting.
Please do not close or refresh this page
and it has been a good 24 hours now.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:31 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Of the original topic, just did some email exchange, setting up a PINS account, and scripping-acrobatics, let´s see how soon a VIP ...

In the good old days, they had KUO-TMP-RIX to continue elsewhere in Europe. It was enjoyable to have a shot of Black Balsam in the business class onboard 733 between KUO and TMP early in the morning. And RIX is not that bad an airport to have a connection either.

On those ancient days, I became a VIP by using the SK Gold as a trade tool provided by the DC Premium.

Last edited by TTL; Oct 15, 2019 at 6:32 am
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Originally Posted by TTL
Of the original topic, just did some email exchange, setting up a PINS account, and scripping-acrobatics, let´s see how soon a VIP ...

In the good old days, they had KUO-TMP-RIX to continue elsewhere in Europe. It was enjoyable to have a shot of Black Balsam in the business class onboard 733 between KUO and TMP early in the morning. And RIX is not that bad an airport to have a connection either.

On those golden, early days, I became a VIP by using the SK Gold as a trade tool provided by the DC Premium.

I did once RVN-TKU-RIX
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by emulator
I did once RVN-TKU-RIX
IIRC they also had OUL-TKU-RIX
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:32 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Five days it took !
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Just applied, lets see if it still works and how long it takes. At least, it's still listed on the website.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I should do the same. After all, one additional option for TKU at least.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:37 am

It worked, in a nigh-exactly a week. This does not seem to include the upgrade vouchers.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Courmisch
This does not seem to include the upgrade vouchers.
I asked airBaltic about this earlier. Haven’t tried this yet, but apparently vouchers are included. Don’t have access to the email now, but they told me you need to have the economy class booking first and then request the voucher either by email or phone. One voucher is for one leg. I have a few MAD-TMP bookings so thought I will give them a call next week to see if I can have the MAD-RIX legs upgraded.
FFlash, jimmathin and kauppias like this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I also sent the match request now.

their email address is written as [email protected] which must be missing a ”m” letter.

And they request a copy of member card but I have none from finnair plastic...so I sent copies if app statements
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:49 am

No, that is the correct address, registered with the Colombian TLD.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by aapee
I asked airBaltic about this earlier. Haven’t tried this yet, but apparently vouchers are included.
Nice trick to avoid granting the vouchers to most.

Anyway, vouchers only work on Premium tickets AFAIU, so useless for me for the time being.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:46 pm

According to the T&C's

The original ticket type must be Basic or Premium, and the ticket must be issued as an airBaltic document (the ticket No. begins with 657).
Am I missing something?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:46 am

Oh so there's different terms on the Club page as on PINS:
Upgrade your airBaltic Premium type ticket and complete your trip with the Business class service at the airport and high-flying experience on board.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch
Oh so there's different terms on the Club page as on PINS:
I think this is for PINS upgrades? Voucher T&C's are linked from this page below Service class upgrade

https://www.airbaltic.com/en/airbalt...evels-benefits

Couldn't link to them directly.. anyway, will email them today to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.