FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   FinnairPlusRep (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1976727-finnairplusrep.html)

intuition Jul 4, 2019 3:39 am

FinnairPlusRep

I've noticed that Miss K has moved on to a new position within Finnair and wonders if @FinnairPlus or @FinnairPlusrep is still with us?

If so, would any of you care to elaborate on the changes in Finnair plus management? And to what extent Finnair representatives are able to interact with the forum in the future?

FinnairPlus Oct 25, 2019 4:44 am

sorry to reply so shamefully late to this. I was not logged in to the forum, so even if i've been reading regularly I simply missed the mention. So yes, I'm still here, still very much working with loyalty @AY. Actually even more so in the new role :)
As always, FT is our Platinum line and we welcome all feedback that we get from here (good, bad and hopefully not too ugly ;)) We are able to interact, but not always able to comment on everything. But please tag if you need some specific answer.

FFlash Oct 25, 2019 11:17 am

Great to hear indeed!

Remember that here we are often pretty direct and ugly but it is just because we care about AY :)
You will get the best expert feedback here but you must dare to read ;)
Cheers! Good to see you onboard FT!

Jaenks Oct 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by FinnairPlus (Post 31664622)
As always, FT is our Platinum line and we welcome all feedback that we get from here (good, bad and hopefully not too ugly ;)) We are able to interact, but not always able to comment on everything. But please tag if you need some specific answer.

If your are in Platinum line, how the cases of other levels would be solved? I decided first time to credit all my OneWorld flights to Finnair Plus and become a Platinum member in mid of December, with all flights now purchased but already regret it. I am gonna qualify on Tuesday to Gold(more than 46 flown segments) but I am still Basic, I do have currently 27(twenty seven!!!) boarding passes which waiting when the claim time is open and more is coming next week, since I do have a 16 flight segments then. All have added(some online but most at the airport counter) Finnair Plus number, although a digital ones and half of paper ones do not show it. For four segment flights only first one is generally posted, once two outbound segments. But worse of all is that today I received an email from donotreply that after two months AY decide that they cannot add the segments and miles flown on August with AY, because according to them all those are credited to other airline FFP. I mean, ...??? So AY thinks that I try to cheat them and do not let reply with copies of the boarding passes and a screenshot from other FFP statement???. All boarding passes have pre flight added(at HEL T2 Platinum desk) AY number and no other FFP number was ever added to boarding pass, I used physical card only to access to airport lounge. Should I go to AY head office and log in to my other airline FFP account that they can verify non existence of AY flights ? If they continuing that kind of posting and customer service level then in mid of December I am Basic or Silver at best although qualified for Platinum. I already decided to credit three mid-range partner flights to other FFP. Nice to be a Basic or at highest a Silver when you just qualified for Platinum. So, dear Finnair Plus Rep, can you do something about it? :)

FinnairPlus Oct 29, 2019 2:18 am

Jaenks can you PM your FFP number?

Jaenks Nov 4, 2019 3:16 pm

Huge thanks to FinnairPlus rep. for resolving my AY flights credit issue. 3/4 flights were posted after a few days when she involved, upgraded(at the gate) segment is still missing but I have understood that it is more complicated to add. Fifty six (56) segments flown as per yesterday only seventeen posted(17) and I am still Basic :) Since I am afraid to go to the Guinness record book for flying 76 segments and still being at Basic level, I am gonna slow down with my Platinum qualification until the Christmas :) Too many not credited partner flights to add.

Jaenks Feb 13, 2020 5:47 pm

Another huge thanks to FinnairPlus representative!!! A twelve partner flights were not credited to my account, oldest from end of the October and newest from the beginning of November. All boarding passes(which included AY+ number) where sent after the Christmas. After one month of silence, I resend them and include one new boarding pass from New Years Eve, since new AY website version does not recognize departure airport anymore to make online claim. After half month of silence and a total of one and half months, I asked again FinnairPlus rep. help to get a reply of the status of claims, wrote a message to her in the evening and by noon of the following day most of the flights were credited. Now waiting more five flights to be credited to AY account. Meanwhile I put some same partner airline flights to BA account. Flights were taken during three days and all were credited to BA account on the following day after the last flight.

avermat Feb 13, 2020 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks (Post 32069598)
Another huge thanks to FinnairPlus representative!!! A twelve partner flights were not credited to my account, oldest from end of the October and newest from the beginning of November. All boarding passes(which included AY+ number) where sent after the Christmas. After one month of silence, I resend them and include one new boarding pass from New Years Eve, since new AY website version does not recognize departure airport anymore to make online claim. After half month of silence and a total of one and half months, I asked again FinnairPlus rep. help to get a reply of the status of claims, wrote a message to her in the evening and by noon of the following day most of the flights were credited. Now waiting more five flights to be credited to AY account. Meanwhile I put some same partner airline flights to BA account. Flights were taken during three days and all were credited to BA account on the following day after the last flight.

Which partner airline miles are you missing? I'm waiting for S7 miles to be credited to AY+. So far email CC was very kind and apologetic but I'm still waiting for the sectors. Luckily I can wait until November before being bumped down to basic. :rolleyes::D

Jaenks Feb 14, 2020 7:25 am

Originally Posted by avermat (Post 32070259)
Which partner airline miles are you missing? I'm waiting for S7 miles to be credited to AY+. So far email CC was very kind and apologetic but I'm still waiting for the sectors. Luckily I can wait until November before being bumped down to basic. :rolleyes::D

Latam. AY Plus has still LA and TAM separately, although all other OW airlines published a new combined LA flights earning chart in August 2018!!! Due to that they claimed at first a totally wrong information about earning booking classes.

juhanh Feb 15, 2020 1:30 am

Getting Latam credited was fun. My partner and I flew a bunch of legs, mostly shortish domestic Chile hops, but also to IPC and back. After many a email to AY CS, the flights were credited: my partner got all of the shorthauls (all credited twice as she got my segments too), I got the IPC roundtrips (credited twice, as I got her segments). As the points were roughly the same, and the segments pushed my partner to OWR, I accepted the fact and moved on.

Also, Latam won't be a problem for long :(

AY1337 Feb 15, 2020 6:02 am

Yeah. I had to really work to get my LATAM's to credit last year, surprisingly the IPC's etc.. But after a month and a couple of "c'mon" they finally posted.

Jaenks Feb 15, 2020 7:30 am

Originally Posted by juhanh (Post 32074259)
Also, Latam won't be a problem for long :(

Not sure about it. Latam will continue mutual agreements with most OW airlines, AA excluded, so probably earning qualifying flights and points and redeeming awards continues with AY. They announce it soon, before the end of April.
My main issue was a booking class, which TAM chart and others OW airline charts showed as eligible, but old LA chart does not showed at all. AY Plus took the old LAN chart as currently valid without even ask a credit postage first from Latam. From mid of November until the mid December all flights were credited after six days, then the New Years Eve flight did not posted. AY Plus new claim site, does not recognize many airports in Brazil. CNF as example and only RIO, instead of GIG and SDU that were separate in old version of website. What bothers is to get even reply after one and half months, you have to ask it through FinnairPlus representative.

azurbuddy Feb 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Credits not happening, not even after claims

Same problem here with LATAM. Some posted, some not (oldest from December). More strange is that all bookings were for 2 persons and for some flights my partner got the credits on FinnairPlus straightaway whereas I had to claim. And have been waiting and waiting.
Generally my experience is that flights from LATAM and SriLankan do not post spontaneously.

I moved to Finnair Plus a year ago as it appeared to be the best program for my travel pattern. But I regret it already as I now have to maintain a complete boarding pass administration system. Compared to my Flying Blue (automatic credits within 2-3 days, if any claim is ever submitted it is followed up within 1 day) and Turkish Miles and Smiles (TK flights credited same day, partner flights within 1-2 days, do far not any claims needed to be submitted), Finnair Plus comes across as a not very solid program.
It annoys me as I have better things to do than dragging boarding passes halfway across the world while travelling.

Jaenks Feb 17, 2020 7:31 am

Originally Posted by azurbuddy (Post 32079929)
It annoys me as I have better things to do than dragging boarding passes halfway across the world while travelling.

I took after the flights screenshots and photos of all boarding passes and then attached them to missing flights request email after the denial to credit. Some I converted to .pdf others left as .jpg file.

travelmoments Feb 17, 2020 10:24 am

Good idea to take screenshots!