FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Finnair aims for five stars in Skytrax (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1975169-finnair-aims-five-stars-skytrax.html)

r2d2 Jun 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Finnair aims for five stars in Skytrax

Yle has made an article on how airlines are competing with their service (because airline status is so passé amongst the millennials :D). They have interviewed Topi Manner and the story says that Finnair aims to reach five stars in Skytrax. Manner says they will invest a lot in improving the customer experience, e.g. by renewing the cabins in their widebody fleet, investing in lounges and digital customer experience.

I'd say Finnair still has a long way to go to reach five stars, but I'm certainly looking forward to the improvements. Hopefully the pricing still remains competitive.

The article in Finnish: Bonuspisteet eivät enää riitä – lentoyhtiöt taistelevat nyt asiakkaista palveluilla: "Voimme tuoda koneeseen suomalaista vodkaa"

BTW, I'm waiting for bdsm's comments on how Manner only wants to cut costs :)

ffay005 Jun 23, 2019 12:34 am

Poor Jari must have missed out on double points to LAX, but he sure snagged an upgrade :D

Courmisch Jun 23, 2019 1:27 am

Is Finnair copying the new AirFrance's CEO strategy now? (make AF into a more premium/expensive airline, keep HV and KL cheaper)

That makes me very worried about price competitiveness...

OH-LGG Jun 23, 2019 1:32 am

How much Skyhöpö five star ranking cost ?

ffay005 Jun 23, 2019 3:12 am

Skyhöpö :D

Costs a lot. Wasn't there just some airline that got those five stars by paying something outrageous, and consensus was that the airline definitely isn't worth a five star rating. Can't remember which airline it was, though.

nordic Jun 23, 2019 3:44 am

Garuda? Hainan?

nancypants Jun 23, 2019 3:51 am

Originally Posted by ffay005 (Post 31230516)
Skyhöpö :D

Costs a lot. Wasn't there just some airline that got those five stars by paying something outrageous, and consensus was that the airline definitely isn't worth a five star rating. Can't remember which airline it was, though.

lufthansa surely

OH-LGG Jun 23, 2019 3:52 am

Originally Posted by nordic (Post 31230548)
Garuda? Hainan?

They spend their 10 years marketing budget this year. :D

OH-LGG Jun 23, 2019 4:02 am

Who knows real name for this Skytrax/Airlinequality plaah plaah, and its based where? Only address locates it in London. Is this a company or what? Where do they get money? Who pays their airline tickets ? Who really is behind airline auditing process and how it works? How do they moderate or edit customer comments of airlines?

I dont understand why this organisation and their rankings are like a bible in Airline business.

intuition Jun 23, 2019 4:08 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG (Post 31230575)
I dont understand why this organisation and their rankings are like a bible in Airline business.

Probably a marketing thing. Airline CEO asks "what ratings are other airlines talking about" and the staff tells him Skyhöpö.
-OK, let's get x stars on skyhöpö.

Skyhöpö are there and "people" have herad about them so they use them and then other "people" know about them so they use them and then other "people" know about them so they use them and then ...

It's the top-of-mind marketing concept. Has nothing to do with the product you are selling, it is about being the best know brand.

warakorn Jun 23, 2019 4:17 am

I would assume it helps if Finnair hires Skytrax for an extensive and expensive consulting project.
If you opt to critize Skytrax, they may elect to sue you.

OH-LGG Jun 23, 2019 4:33 am

Someone from Skytrax sending mails to Airline CEOs about Youtube video ????

Is this 6 year old boys in kindergarten or what?

ffay005 Jun 23, 2019 4:36 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG (Post 31230627)
Someone from Skytrax sending mails to Airline CEOs about Youtube video ????

Is this 6 year old boys in kindergarten or what?

Hush! They're gonna sue you, too.

GetSetJetSet Jun 23, 2019 5:21 am

The new Platinum Wing loung is fantastic, and AY longhaul catering has been top notch lately. The J cabin could use a refresh on the 330 and a more comfortable J seat on the 350 but i'm not complaining. I too hope AY keeps prices where they've been.

warakorn Jun 23, 2019 12:20 pm

I am really disappointed that Topi Manner is falling for them (Skytrax).