Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Silver, BA flight from LHR and priority security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY

Newbie question.
I need to fly BA flight from LHR tomorrow morning. I知 AY silver at the moment. Regarding my understanding I知 eligible to use priority security?
How to actually do that? My BA boarding pass is not showing priority. My silver card is at home in Espoo. Is it enough if I show AY mobile app with silver status?
Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:20 am

On BA metal you will get priority security at LHR with One World Sapphire or One World Emerald. You can take a +1 as well, and it should automatically be on your boarding pass but if not just show your mobile phone. The staff are very used to one world statuses.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Originally Posted by KurdtC
Newbie question.
I need to fly BA flight from LHR tomorrow morning. I知 AY silver at the moment. Regarding my understanding I知 eligible to use priority security?
How to actually do that? My BA boarding pass is not showing priority. My silver card is at home in Espoo. Is it enough if I show AY mobile app with silver status?
Thanks!
AY Silver priority security only applies to AY flights in general. As AY silver is Oneworld Ruby, it is not eligible for the general one world priority security perk. I think that strictly according to rules only Oneworld Emerald(Plat with AY) is entitled to priority security on any member airline where available, but this is often extended to Oneworld Sapphire(Gold with AY) aswell.

So I do not believe you can access priority security. However, you can use business class check-in.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your fast reply. I知 browsing OneWorld web pages and it seems that you池e more than right. Damn.
First Heathrow Express is departing 5:10 from Paddington. It should be 5:37 at Terminal 5. BA0812 is departing 7:05.
What痴 the status of non-priority security in LHR at Monday mornings?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by KurdtC
Thank you for your fast reply. I知 browsing OneWorld web pages and it seems that you池e more than right. Damn.
First Heathrow Express is departing 5:10 from Paddington. It should be 5:37 at Terminal 5. BA0812 is departing 7:05.
What痴 the status of non-priority security in LHR at Monday mornings?
Don't forget HEL-flights are from Terminal 3
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by vulle
Don't forget HEL-flights are from Terminal 3
BA812 is to CPH, thus T5.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

There was no reason to be worried about not making it. Non-priority security worked extremely well.
Now I知 hanging at Terminal 5 around C-gates. It will take still 20 minutes to show gate info.

It seems that instead of waking up 4:00 I could have slept easily 30 minutes more. Well.. better to be early than late.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Trains break down / are late etc. South / North security loads can drastically change. I think you did the only right move by taking the earliest train.
When you reach Gold you'll probably stay at an LHR hotel like the rest of us
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by esledo

BA812 is to CPH, thus T5.
Yep, AY Silver got me confused

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.