Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:23 am
R2

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Which OW non-F lounge in Europe is any good? I can t remember a single on which I would call great.
QR lounge at CDG (and probably the one at LHR but have not been there personally) offers ala carte dining...and it is a very nice lounge indeed so if the new AY lounge is of same standard, I am very impressed.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Turkish Airlines take care about OW status? Never heard about this. But lounges in Istanbul are nice.
Sorry I read it as non OW. My bad.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mhle
Qantas London Lounge (but only during evening time).
The gin bar is quite a winner all day. But yeah, food is weak in many periods of the day.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Are they letting BA, QR and JL pax in again?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by henry999
Wording from the AY website " when the departure flight leaves from the non-Schengen area and is operated and marketed by a oneworld airline." so I assume yes. I assume access is limited to the Business side.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
For the record: AMEX Platinum gives access to all Plaza Premium Lounges worldwide, inc. HEL T2. This particular one can also be accessed with Priority Pass.

Haven't yet tried it out myself, but will do so within a few weeks. Also intending to try the set menu options at the Fly Inn with Priority Pass, once my time permits that. Generally speaking it's good that the Priority Pass options are increasing at HEL, because the Unaspiring Lounge (AKA Aspire Lounge) hasn't been anything fancy.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by henry999
I assume you will have access as OWE. Will try myself in a few weeks. Can't see why access wouldn't be granted to either of us.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So what about a lounge-DO here with a LHR ticket?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
I wish the men's washroom is bigger. The 3 urinals don't have divider and they're so close to each other that ... you know ... But ya, definitely a nice lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:19 am

Sorry, is the question 'is this lounge accessible for people traveling on to LHR with DO status? If so, then yes, you can use this lounge, I was going HEL-LHR in Y w/DO.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by haroldnorwal
Sorry, is the question 'is this lounge accessible for people traveling on to LHR with DO status? If so, then yes, you can use this lounge, I was going HEL-LHR in Y w/DO.
The question is: shall we get tickets to LHR to visit the lounge to meet there?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Unless something has changed I recall reading them having ala-carte starting breakfast time too.
I asked just now and was told ā la carte is for lunch and it lasts until 5 pm and then it goes back to buffet only.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Rivarix
I asked just now and was told ā la carte is for lunch and it lasts until 5 pm and then it goes back to buffet only.
A la carte only till 5 pm? totally useless. Itīs the longhaul flights at nighttime when you like to have dinner before boarding. At lunch time itīs an good addition, but one can wait till they serve you on board. I know that most of the flights are ready to board by that time, but really if you have a midnight departure you rather want to have some decent food before you are on board. And the offerings in the past always lacking of quality and variety.

Last edited by Ed Size; Jun 7, 2019 at 3:51 am
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Loveley personal service at the a la carte restaurant. The Lounge is awesome.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Picture of a la Carte Menu

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Loveley personal service at the a la carte restaurant. The Lounge is awesome.
Someone please upload a picture of the menu! I think everyone on this board is well equipped to do so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.