Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by haapalainen
Current a la carte menu at the Platinum Wing. The arctic char was quite nice but the duck was not my favourite, almost too rare for my liking.

I think the duck looks perfect, although I'm biased towards rarer cooked meats. This is now inspiring me to go to my local farmers market this weekend to get a fresh duck breast, and to order some dried chantarelles online!

That aside, the made to order dishes they are offering are, well, remarkable, vs. what the options were just a couple of years ago from the buffet.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Again here, I told staff that Rynkeby juice dispenser is awful bad kuraa. Premium lounge should not have such cheap scandic machines. Orange juice needs to qualify.
Well they wanted to serve a better OJ from the bar but that one is cheap bad stuff too. So the option is to stick to just salads.
Pretty calm wed morning here btw.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY/Gold, SK/Basic
Are AY golds still welcome at the plat wing or is the business wing already open?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Looks like all the meat got moved to the Platinum Wing. When I was in the business lounge last week, there wasn't a piece of meat anywhere to be found. (Vegetable "meatballs"? Really?)
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by Kaff
Are AY golds still welcome at the plat wing or is the business wing already open?
Golds were today still welcome to the plat wing
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Looks like all the meat got moved to the Platinum Wing. When I was in the business lounge last week, there wasn't a piece of meat anywhere to be found. (Vegetable "meatballs"? Really?)
As a carnivore I feel you, the vegetable "meatballs" are a common theme in Finland in school cafeterias which is what AY makes their J lounges feel and smell like. Absolutely disgusting.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
As a carnivore I feel you, the vegetable "meatballs" are a common theme in Finland in school cafeterias which is what AY makes their J lounges feel and smell like. Absolutely disgusting.
Haha. I figured, well, I'll eat on the plane—only to board and then find out a strike meant no catering in J for a 2.5-hour flight.
intuition likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Haha. I figured, well, I'll eat on the plane—only to board and then find out a strike meant no catering in J for a 2.5-hour flight.
It sounds like AY is trying to emulate Lufthansa in an attempt to get that five-star rating.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8

Still have no access to Plat wing and the J side food has made me choose the Plaza Premium side 😁 their meatballs are super delicious and staff great perhaps this is what AY wanted 🥳😁
vulle and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by TTL
About entrance rules. Arrived an hour ago from MIA in J and continue to KUO in Y. No trouble getting in for showers and drinks for me and my AY Gold friend on same flights. OW rules or not? Only almost deserted airport and lounge.
Hhhmmm, it seems there are some inconsistencies with this one. I just got back from HKT in J and will continue to OUL. Access to Platinum Wing was flat out denied and was instructed to go to Schengen lounge. She was polite enough though, and even told me that Schengen lounge can be found near gate 22 😁
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Matkalainen
Hhhmmm, it seems there are some inconsistencies with this one. I just got back from HKT in J and will continue to OUL. Access to Platinum Wing was flat out denied and was instructed to go to Schengen lounge. She was polite enough though, and even told me that Schengen lounge can be found near gate 22 😁
Had 4 trips since the PW is open, three times I was allowed to enter the PW on the way back, last time I did not have the time. Would be a huge drawback if one can t use the non schengen lounge anymore in the future - always liked this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Matkalainen
I was very apologetically turned back when I arrived on AY102 and rocked up at PW around 1530 - "I apologise but due to construction (of the business lounge?) we don't allow Schengen passengers into the PW between 1500 and 1700".
So I waited 1,5h and had no problem accessing PW at 1655.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Based on information received today, work shifts are already planned based on the Business lounge opening shortly. Meaning that Platinum Wing will not be accessible for Golds anymore.
quinzinho likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Came last week around 3pm from long-haul upgraded J, had Y ticket to Tallinn, to my surprise, loungedragon showed me to Platinum Wing. Is that temporarily new policy or was she just mistaken? No status with AY or OW currently. when left 4pm, Plat lounge was so full, that I surely believe, there were others like me.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: AY platinum, SIXT platinum, IHG platinum
I had a pleasant experience last week coming back from TXL with my better half, with some 3 hour layover before flight to TMP. Decided to try my luck with the Plat wing lounge dragon and after initial resistance she let us in to enjoy the sauna and beverages, might have had something to do with my birthday and Finnair axing the AY267/AY268 service in October pushing us to AY269...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.