Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just tried the reindeer burger and nothing exciting to be honest, but the chips were nice.
Did get my order taken within seconds of sitting down, but ignored since then.

Still no sorbet, but appears to be pistachio ice cream instead.

Trifle on the left, ice cream on the right.

Not quite a British trifle of sponge, jelly, fruit, set custard and thick cream on top. More like overnight oats to be honest (or a flapjack crumbled into cream / yoghurt).

Managed to get 3 tags as well. Platinum, Gold and Junior. Platinum by blind luck. No lumo.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 14, 2023 at 8:05 am
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:04 am

December Menu

Updated menu for the month, though I just went for the burger, which was excellent.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:06 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Hudute
Updated menu for the month, though I just went for the burger, which was excellent.
The burger nowadays is just a beef patty with smoked reindeer bits on top, correct? Not the reindeer meat patty that was previously?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by a_k
The burger nowadays is just a beef patty with smoked reindeer bits on top, correct? Not the reindeer meat patty that was previously?
Yes, unfortunately. Reindeer "dust" almost. Though it never was real reindeer to much degree, so sad, TopiAir ☹️
vulle and Hudute like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Pollock is also not a fish I'd be keen on serving to premium customers.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lkrt
Pollock is also not a fish I'd be keen on serving to premium customers.
Straight outta Pakkala elementary school cafeteria lefover bin. I had this pollock once and it was absolutely tasteless and watery.
vulle likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Ive been through PW a few times the past few months and Ive rather enjoyed the la carte offerings. Dont really like burgers but everything else has been good enough that Id pay money.

Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:23 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
The PlatWing food & overall quality continues to amaze me.. its a fantastic lounge but when you get up in the air the LH J is from another world.. as cheap as you can get away with just not adding up at all..
vulle and Purjelentaja like this.

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Dec 9, 2023 at 3:08 pm
Old Dec 23, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Last time through PW this year.
And you know what, it is a solid lounge. I like the food, yes, even pollock I ate today. During the quiet hours it is a sanctuary. And a sauna really is an underrated amenity. Which is a good thing as I spent an hour there today without seeing a soul​​​​​​​.

Old Dec 23, 2023, 9:45 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I had the pollock two weeks ago, quite liked the way it was prepared, good seasoning.
juhanh likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond

January menu
Jyrsa and SPBanker like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Reindeer and Jerusalem artichoke, sounds good! I'll try this when flying to DXB.

By the way, has anyone received any communication about the Lumo benefit (fly any airline, visit AY lounge) that is supposed to have vanished 01JAN?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Such a shame that I only have two flights left in my plat time and both of the time the plat wing is closed and I have to use the business lounge... Which looks good but the food is really bad.
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Compliment
Such a shame that I only have two flights left in my plat time and both of the time the plat wing is closed and I have to use the business lounge... Which looks good but the food is really bad.
just keep an eye out on the meetup thread I am sure someone can guest you in occassionally
Compliment likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
Reindeer and Jerusalem artichoke, sounds good! I'll try this when flying to DXB.
I had the salmon and Jerusalem artichoke yesterday. Salmon was..salmon, meaning OK. Artichoke sauce was yummy.
ffay005 and intuition like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.