Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henry999
Are they letting BA, QR and JL pax in again?
Just to follow up on my own query and confirm the speculation of the others: yes. I am on the 14.10 BA flight and I was welcomed in, the same as before the fixing started. The new layout seems roomier but perhaps that's because it's almost empty. In any case, it's nicer than the @home lounge.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by AndyA
Of course there is Salmiakki Fazer chocolate! What do you think we Finns are, crazy?

Of course there is. One of my favorites. My point was that it should be this stuff being offered in the lounge chocolate bowl
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Ed Size
There are reports on here that you can enter the lounge arriving international and connecting to schengen. In this case it looks like a schengen BP works (even if it is against the rules).
Yes, as a Plat, I have accessed the non-Schengen lounge on arrival from JFK with a Schengen connection. This was before the opening of the Platinum Wing, however.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
My first experience of the lounge. This is amazing! Breakfast is very nice, the ham quiche is probably my favorite.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by niksal
My first experience of the lounge. This is amazing! Breakfast is very nice, the ham quiche is probably my favorite.
where You sitting now?
EDIT:
@niksal Would have been nice to meet if you were there today also as I expected based on your post time, but now onboard to AMS.

The desk agent said by the way that only schengen BP entry allowed if arriving from non-schengen flight.

great first visit! Only wish is that they replace those Rynkeby juice dispensing machines asap, those are the worst quality on earth what comes to juices. Well then the liquid consumption only increases at the other desk.
niksal likes this.

Last edited by FFlash; Jun 12, 2019 at 10:52 pm
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Sorry, didn’t see your post. I’ve never come out of the closet on FT... Now on my way to LHR.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
The desk agent said by the way that only schengen BP entry allowed if arriving from non-schengen flight.
Curious what would the automated gate say about Schengen bound BP once it's operational.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Anyone with data point if they allow entry with schengen BP?
I tried with schengen BP. The discussion went like this:

Did you arrive by non-schengen flight?
Me: yes.
Do you have the boarding pass?
Me: No
Where did you come from?
Me: Hong kong
Ok, I need to check that from the computer
Me: Sorry, I lied. I just want to see the new lounge
Access denied

I also told the passport control office that I would like to visit the finnair lounge. He said that he cannot let me in and I should use the automatic machines. They let me in.
mhle, loimu, delpiero223 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
I also told the passport control office that I would like to visit the finnair lounge. He said that he cannot let me in and I should use the automatic machines. They let me in.
This has been border control's official stand - no entry to non-Schengen side unless having a non-Schengen flight. Of course the automated gates make it easy to bypass that policy.

I'm not sure if there would be any consequences if "caught" - ie. if the policy is based on laws/regulations or just a policy.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I tried with schengen BP. The discussion went like this:

Did you arrive by non-schengen flight?
Me: yes.
Do you have the boarding pass?
Me: No
Where did you come from?
Me: Hong kong
Ok, I need to check that from the computer

Access denied
You really did this But good it confirms that you use the lounge when coming from an international destination.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Ed Size
You really did this But good it confirms that you use the lounge when coming from an international destination.
Confirmed also yesterday with the real (not fake) arrival from non-Schengen.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Got a letter with a free chocolate plate at the Platinum Wing yesterday... but I guess it's paid by Fazer marketing budget, not Finnair then
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
What a destitute person one can be...

It's just a fricking airport lounge. It's anyway easy to visit it, if one is so needy. Just book a trip somewhere or trick yourself in with a refundable ticket.
DALtoAAL and esledo like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Currently sitting at the lounge before a short hop to LHR. From first impression this is one of the best OWE lounges I’ve been to in Europe, comparable to CX F at LHR and much better than BA F lounges (excluding the CCR). Feels much roomier than the old OWE one that felt quite cramped and what surprised me the most the staff is very attentive and chatty, very non-Finnish.

I too got a free ”Nordi” chocolate bar with a leaflet from Fazer upon entry. Oddly enough my wife who arrived a few mins later and is also OWE didn’t receive one.
niksal likes this.

Last edited by AnttiV; Jun 13, 2019 at 4:54 am
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by niksal
Sorry, didn’t see your post. I’ve never come out of the closet on FT... Now on my way to LHR.
I guess we can always find you from your profile pic on businessclass.se
FT'ers know everything!
niksal, mhle and Flying Yazata like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.