Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
This is so wrong! Thanks to the BREXIT madness I was afraid to book any LHR flights for the summer season, instead filling it up with all kinds of Schengen stuff. So it won't be until late August when I'll finally have a chance to try this one out
Not really related to the new lounge at HEL, but BREXIT frustration:

I did the same for my upcoming (tomorrow!) trip to Helsinki. Avoided a transfer at LHR as at the time of booking everything was up in the air on when it would occur. So no A350 and no Cathy Lounge for me and a rather unappealing transfer at ORD on the way home. But at least for the return I can explore what's going on at HEL.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: JAL Diamond
May I ask what are my chances of being let in on arrival if I have an intra-schengen flight the next day with AY ?

I will be OWE by the time of visit and will be arriving at HEL with an AY flight.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Oropher
May I ask what are my chances of being let in on arrival if I have an intra-schengen flight the next day with AY ?

I will be OWE by the time of visit and will be arriving at HEL with an AY flight.
I'd assume zero.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Bad news (most likely) for the lounge catering, Fazer is selling the Food Services, hence synergies on serving bit extra (of other Fazer products) will likely end and as with any this type of transaction, current service level is likely enhanced.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:07 am

The Compass Group has taken care of BA London lounges in the past.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nordic
The Compass Group has taken care of BA London lounges in the past.
Anyone that have taken care of BA lounges should not be seen as a positive step if assigned to take care of other lounges.
florens likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Ew no, that's really not something to be proud of
florens likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Bad news (most likely) for the lounge catering, Fazer is selling the Food Services, hence synergies on serving bit extra (of other Fazer products) will likely end and as with any this type of transaction, current service level is likely enhanced.
I doubt this will be visible in any way, at least for the next few years.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I hope they don't bring back the terrible Panda chocolate that they had in the lounge for a brief time. Fazer is so much better (and Marabou is even better than Fazer...).
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
(and Marabou is even better than Fazer...).
You're moving to dangerous waters, my friend
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
You're moving to dangerous waters, my friend
Well, Fazer Salmiakki chocolate would be something special. Truly Finnish.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Of course there is Salmiakki Fazer chocolate! What do you think we Finns are, crazy?

SPBanker likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Anyone with data point if they allow entry with schengen BP?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by FFlash
Anyone with data point if they allow entry with schengen BP?
There are reports on here that you can enter the lounge arriving international and connecting to schengen. In this case it looks like a schengen BP works (even if it is against the rules).
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Ed Size
There are reports on here that you can enter the lounge arriving international and connecting to schengen. In this case it looks like a schengen BP works (even if it is against the rules).
Might be also depending on the situation how full the lounge is. I have done this in the past with the old lounge and again today with the new one. And I remember (might be wrong) that all the reports were from Platinums and Lumos - not from other tiers or Emeralds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.