Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Dragon didn't let me in either. Apparently getting Lumo in reality changes me back to Gold in the Finnair lounge system. Ok. I asked whether Lumos are allowed to the Platinum Wing. Not a clear answer, so I guess that's not a clear cut entry. Finally got entry after showing the physical black plat card.
Was this while flying AY or some other airline?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by ffay005
They share the same reception. You just walk from one side to the other.
is it frowed upon if i need to double back into finland after 6pm and come back in later at night to take the flight at midnight? (connecting from fco, like to experience the emerald plat wing lounge but they shut at 6 so…

and if its ok can we do it just by ourselves?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by GordonMacPherson
is it frowed upon if i need to double back into finland after 6pm and come back in later at night to take the flight at midnight? (connecting from fco, like to experience the emerald plat wing lounge but they shut at 6 so…

and if its ok can we do it just by ourselves?
No issues if EU citizen and if non-EU then it shouldn't be an issue if questioned.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum

Panna cotta

Beyond burger (vegetarian)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by finnishlad
menu
Couldn't they do better than a wrinkly A4 piece of paper?
florens, on22cz and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:04 am

Sauna

on22cz likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:09 pm

The punch bowl in the corner is a nice touch
Helsinki Flyer and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:14 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Although the Premium lounge is currently open at 11.30am reading his thread it appears a la carte dinning may not start until 12 noon.

I'm on the 13.00hr departure to JFK next Wednesday. Is a la carte dinning service fast enough and does it start promptly enough so that I would be able to have at least a 1 course lunch before heading to the Gate?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:35 am

Normally it takes about 10 mins to get your main course
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I do have a six hours+ layover in HEL, but its Schengen/Schengen, now I m gaming with some LHR tickets later that day which are fully refundable, do AY Y tickets full flex will do the job?
ffay005, florens and FFlash like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Ed Size
I do have a six hours+ layover in HEL, but its Schengen/Schengen, now I m gaming with some LHR tickets later that day which are fully refundable, do AY Y tickets full flex will do the job?
yep
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ed Size

Yeah but what’s preventing me then from buying eco flex LHR for the evening, going to enjoy the plat wing during the day, and then walking out of the airport and refunding the ticket? Isn’t using the lounge benefit then technically starting the flight and therefore not refundable anymore? or did I understand correctly? It seems to me acting in bad faith, which is not good. Stuff like that can result in termination of membership.

Last edited by zxcv1; Jun 29, 2022 at 11:50 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by zxcv1
It seems to me acting in bad faith, which is not good. Stuff like that can result in termination of membership.
I‘d say read the fine-print and don‘t overdo it.
https://viewfromthewing.com/man-has-...now-hes-suing/
FFlash likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
To be safe, I still think it's better just to queue behind the extended families for access to the kindergarten. Or when the queue extends to downstairs try the automated passport gates and your luck asking the dragon at the PW. At least the PW gate lets you through with a Schengen bp, so I don't see any issues with that, or if the dragon lets you in.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I‘d say read the fine-print and don‘t overdo it.
https://viewfromthewing.com/man-has-...now-hes-suing/
As for the Xi'an man in that story, I think it is totally unfair to claim he refunded a ticket every day. He did no such thing!
He simply had a full-flexible first class ticket and only changed his departure to the flight next day. Every day.
Steve_Hun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.