Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:49 am
Suspended

Own opinion: The burger was decent, the fries are really flavorless and mushy. Next time I will order something else.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by mpkz
the fries are really flavorless and mushy.
They have been affected by the rain dear
work2fly, mpkz, Steve_Hun and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by mpkz
Own opinion: The burger was decent, the fries are really flavorless and mushy. Next time I will order something else.
The Plat Wing is now open when the QR flight departs and would be an option when flying QR, but seems like Plaza Premium (which QR has contract with) has better food.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by r2d2
The Plat Wing is now open when the QR flight departs and would be an option when flying QR, but seems like Plaza Premium (which QR has contract with) has better food.
Food at PP, cocktails at PW, no?
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
Food at PP, cocktails at PW, no?
I plan to do just that on my next layover. Perhaps by the time I am done eating at PP the sauna will be warm at PW? :-)
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Sauna was hot and I enjoyed.
But no big towels ,only very small ones
FFlash and kanamurva like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by finnishlad
Who needs a large towel :-) But, I am glad it is working!!!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
smaller towel, bigger jug at the bar, we need to remind the pre-covid conditions
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Am I able to use the plat lounge after a long haul flight? Or do I have to go to the schengen lounge?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Compliment
Am I able to use the plat lounge after a long haul flight? Or do I have to go to the schengen lounge?
Yes, as long as you can produce your longhaul bp and have an onward AY bp. Dragon might suggest to use Schengen lounge but you are allowed in the Plat Wing.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:16 am

The reindeer burger was just ok. I wouldn't pay for this but for complimentary I'm ok with this.
SPBanker and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Same menu as before. I don't recommend pasta option on menu. Busy lunch service and waitress struggled bit. I didn't get my dessert , ('colleague must have taken it to wrong table'), drinks were served for wrong tables and waiting times long. Every request from customers got answer ' just a moment'.
Anyway, sauna was good and also drinks at bar.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:23 pm

Same menu as before. I don't recommend pasta option on menu. Busy lunch service and waitress struggled bit. I didn't get my dessert , ('colleague must have taken it to wrong table'), drinks were served for wrong tables and waiting times long. Every request from customers got answer ' just a moment'.
Anyway, sauna was good and also drinks at bar.
Similar experience, stood waiting for at least 15 mins to be seated before we decided to sit down ourselves on one of the handful of empty tables yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately only 1 staff member doing the table service and she was clearly struggling to keep up. In contrast, I really liked the chicken pappardelle dish and thought it was very tasty, so each to their own The service does need to improve, true the lounge doesn't appear to be heaving by any means, however, perhaps an extra staff member or two to allow for a proper smooth dine-in experience would be great. The waiting around did degrade the experience somewhat, especially as we only had an hour in transit. For an airline and airport that proudly plug their short MCT, it would be good if the premium lounge service was able to match this. Nonetheless, aesthetically, both the AY lounges are excellent.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:06 am

Tried to get in with a Schengen BP. Automatic gate did not let me in. Dragon welcomed me, but immediately asked where I came from. I did not have an answer prepared so the access was then denied. If I had said a plausible flight, I believe I would have gotten in.

I used automatic gates to enter non-schengen area and back to schengen via border control. That part was easy.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Dragon didn't let me in either. Apparently getting Lumo in reality changes me back to Gold in the Finnair lounge system. Ok. I asked whether Lumos are allowed to the Platinum Wing. Not a clear answer, so I guess that's not a clear cut entry. Finally got entry after showing the physical black plat card. Then I was served a piece of plastic in the appetiser soup. Not a great start to Lumo, but it can only get better from here!

Pappardelle: decent but nowhere near gourmet.

Reindeer burger: actually pretty delicious.

Cloudberry panna cotta: in reality it's a flavourless panna cotta with raspberry sauce on top, nothing to do with cloudberry.

Sauna: really good. Surprisingly good. The cold drinks in the ice bath a nice touch. Only complaint: men's locker room floor has no drain. Seriously, no drain in the floor by the showers. So it's puddles of water. I laid down towels onto the floor, didn't see any other option.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 24, 2022 at 3:01 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.