Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
One can dream but there are indeed flights to the US and UK which can justify opening the Plat Wing.
While I appreciate that probably much of the demand isn't cut (I'd guess US, UK and TH + Dubai flights make up much of the passengers), the increase for willigness to cut costs is evident, which would justify a further closure of PW.
ffay005, esledo and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by lkrt
While I appreciate that probably much of the demand isn't cut (I'd guess US, UK and TH + Dubai flights make up much of the passengers), the increase for willigness to cut costs is evident, which would justify a further closure of PW.
Those cut Siberian routes didnt contain much of pax so I hope they say, if they scrap the lounge, that is is due to ”covid”, again 😁
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:40 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just a thought, but COVID was a double whammy against lounges. Not just fewer pax but also many rules hitting gatherings and restaurants.

So maybe "just" having fewer pax might not be the disaster for lounge.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’m flying ORD-HEL-TLV tomorrow and will report on what they say. I sure would appreciate a shower on my layover in HEL…
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I’m flying ORD-HEL-TLV tomorrow and will report on what they say. I sure would appreciate a shower on my layover in HEL…
you can use the showers in the regular non-schengen lounge. Usually no need to wait for one, now I would guess even less with most of asian flights cancelled.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I got so excited I'd get to visit the Plat Wing again on an upcoming trip and now it appears it will still be closed (in March).

Sad.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
I asked yesterday about opening of Platsku and was told "it was supposed to be during spring but its been put on hold now due to Ukraine"
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Jorma
I asked yesterday about opening of Platsku and was told "it was supposed to be during spring but its been put on hold now due to Ukraine"
Asked about it 15 minutes ago and was told the same - not even a rough estimate of an opening date available.

On the bright side of things, there's plenty of space in the biz lounge as well as a happy bartender...
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Sounds like this is going to be closed for a while longer based on the feedback above. That's unfortunate. Everywhere else seems to be picking back up to normal.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:40 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by AAL1
Sounds like this is going to be closed for a while longer based on the feedback above. That's unfortunate. Everywhere else seems to be picking back up to normal.
HEL and AY are far from normal if normal is something that happened and was in 2019.

Now we have a new world and new normal and that is why AY Platinum Lounge is not open.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Perhaps mods could modify the title of this thread to temporarily closed so we dont keep getting our hopes up for nothing
florens, intuition, FFlash and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
Perhaps mods could modify the title of this thread to temporarily closed so we dont keep getting our hopes up for nothing
No reason to close the thread as the lounge will open someday, but modifying title is a good proposal
florens and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
AY Platinum Wing Lounge would be a good title for this topic. I've seen the thread several times on the board and had my hopes up until I realise it's just the age-old thread popping up again and the lounge is definitely not open...
kauppias and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I apologize! Indeed, the thread titling now seems short-sighted on my behalf.
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lkrt
I apologize! Indeed, the thread titling now seems short-sighted on my behalf.
This thread is from JUN19. It would have taken quite a Nostradamus to predict what the world would look like in MAR22. No apology needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.