Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by nordic

Are there any oneworld coded flights operated by a non-oneworld carrier apart from SVO flights by SU and PVG by Juneyao

B2 to MSQ.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Some first impressions from my 15 minute visit today.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by mhle
Some first impressions from my 15 minute visit today.
Many thanks for sharing!

The bartender/dragon on the right is a really nice guy.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by mhle
Having my first drink at the Platinum Wing. Looks great. More report later.
You just make my day. I was already dreading my 6+ hr transit to HKG on Friday and come here to find strategies to make time goes faster ... and then I see your pictures.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Looking at the bar photo: Iis the general public (i.e in this case AYP) not in a position to handle bottles containing alcohol by themselves?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
I think there are two views on the matter:
1. Service is highly valued, hence bar with bartender is seen as luxury
2. I want my booze! Do not keep me from my booze. I want no obstacles between me and my booze.

the latter being the finnish view
GTITAN likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Based on my quick 15 minute visit yesterday, the bottles were not to be touched by the general public. At least I did not notice anything outside of the bar, but I did not have time for a full tour. The system looked similar to the old Premium Lounge, in which alcohol was also primarily served by the personnel, but sometimes you were able to access the wines/champagne by yourself, if the personnel was busy/lazy.

Of a note, the bartender was very much disappointed (almost protested) when I handed back my Ultima Thule and did not require it to be re-filled.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:10 am

I have flight Bkk-Hel-Tll

Can I use this premium lounge on arrival to Hel?
Actually I will not fly this hel-tll, but I have ticket..
I go home.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Timppa_HEL

I go home.
According to the rules: NO. But the rules did not change - so it is interesting to know if they are enforcing the rules now, since I never had a problem with visiting the Prem lounge as a Plat instead of the Schengen lounge when I was on my way back home.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Please, some pictures of those a la carte foods! Those general pictures look great.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Timppa_HEL

I go home.
No entry according to the published rules, but I was able to enter yesterday with similar scenario (flying in from Asia and connecting to Switzerland). However, they wanted to see both boarding passes.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Ed Size
According to the rules: NO. But the rules did not change - so it is interesting to know if they are enforcing the rules now, since I never had a problem with visiting the Prem lounge as a Plat instead of the Schengen lounge when I was on my way back home.
wasn't aware this isn't allowed? I did it too, arriving from Singapore and then onwards to Germany I stayed like 6 hours in there.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by quinzinho
wasn't aware this isn't allowed? I did it too, arriving from Singapore and then onwards to Germany I stayed like 6 hours in there.
According to the rules it was never (or it wasnt for a long time).
https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/infor...irport/lounges
when the departure flight leaves from the non-Schengen area and is operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
This are the rules for the business lounge also valid for the Platinum Wing.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:20 am

Open now

Not sure if its been covered elsewhere but in case anyone looks at this thread, the AY refurbishment is complete, apparently as of yesterday. Layout much better than previously, food selection much better as well. Havent gone in the sauna yet but will in a moment!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by haroldnorwal
Not sure if its been covered elsewhere but in case anyone looks at this thread, the AY refurbishment is complete, apparently as of yesterday. Layout much better than previously, food selection much better as well. Havent gone in the sauna yet but will in a moment!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finn...vation-26.html

It's been covered here. Note that the Platinum Wing is completed but the business lounge isn't yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.