Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Plaza Premium Lounge at non-Schengen side

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plaza Premium Lounge at non-Schengen side

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by intuition
As for Plaza P, one must watch out for lounges reported on Plaza P own lounge search. Some are "owned and operated by third party" and apparently not included in amex plat access
It's also worth to notice from the T&Cs: "Plaza Premium Airport Lounges* (Lounges located outside of India)"

And of course this isn't mentioned on the Finnish and Swedish AMEX websites. So it's all Plaza Premium Lounges, except ones in India. IIRC I've visited the Plaza Premium Lounge at BOM with a 9W business class entitlement and it was jolly good, so unfortunately it's excluded, unless Priority Pass has it. Now, it's of course not relevant for AY routes. As for India generally speaking, there's some separate domestic lounge program for Indian AMEX Platinum cardholders. However the AMEX lounges at DEL and BOM are open to all of us, but only DEL is with +1. BOM doesn't permit guesting.

Also worth to know, in case one visits in DEL or BOM:

An authorization for an amount of INR 2 will be charged on the Card for validation purposes.
So don't be perplexed by some charge of ~0,03 €.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by FFlash

So I decided to give PP a try at 4pm crazy hour.

Now this place is 50% occupancy of seats which feels like the space is almost crowded. >60% Asians, rest are western pax. Seems that people have found this place.
Food is the same as I wrote in last time post quoted.

on entering lounge, a finn with AY boarding pass (J I saw) came before me and handed out his BP whereupon the lady responded ”you may want to go to finnair lounge, this is priority pass lounge”, and then he looked clueless and turned away. Poor man Only later I realized I should have done that man a favor of guesting but it did not strike to my mind at the moment, nor do I recall if PP gives free guest.
Could be explained by the fact that JAL started contracting the Plaza Premium Lounge effective June 1st (until then, JL passengers apparently got a shopping voucher in lieu of access to the Finnair Lounge).

Presumably this will continue until the Finnair Business Lounge is fully open again, so I suppose you could expect to see more elderly Japanese tourists in the Plaza Premium until then.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
One must admire JAL's dedication to their passengers. First vouchers and then temporary contract a secondary lounge during contruction. And this at a odd outstation.

If the situation was reversed we all know that there would have been no proactive action at all and for those who bother to complain a small amount of points "as a good will gesture".
Ed Size, remymartin and cistavoda like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
One must admire JAL's dedication to their passengers. First vouchers and then temporary contract a secondary lounge during contruction. And this at a odd outstation.

If the situation was reversed we all know that there would have been no proactive action at all and for those who bother to complain a small amount of points "as a good will gesture".
As OWE, it was 40 euro per visit in lieu of the lounge.. Guess a lounge contract would be cheaper, though J and OWS got less. I don't think JAL sees it as an odd outstation, but more as big connection point to the EU. My impression is that there are very few Helsinki passengers on the flights.

I am probably flying JAL too much, but this seems pretty standard.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
My impression is that there are very few Helsinki passengers on the flights.​​​​​​
As a sidenote: I haven't (yet) flown that route with JL, but based on the sheer amount of AY operated JL codeshares that connect in HEL to JL's own flight to/from TYO, I've assumed JL must be active in utilising it as a connecting point.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
As a sidenote: I haven't (yet) flown that route with JL, but based on the sheer amount of AY operated JL codeshares that connect in HEL to JL's own flight to/from TYO, I've assumed JL must be active in utilising it as a connecting point.
I always fly JL coded on AY short haul, there is a wide selection of destinations with the JL code.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh, they still have those restrictions in place?

I'd be interested in hearing what the Plaza Premium was like, though. How crowded was it? What kind of food did they serve?

The views are nicer then AY

Food was fresh and VERY tasty!

Topshelf was complimentary bottom shelf for a small add on fee. For instance murphys was 5€. Nice to have choices.

Here are some photos of my visit to the Plaza Premium lounge. I thought the lounge was well appointed, the food is made fresh and the staff are very attentive. Tables are cleared quickly. Drink selection is okay. Some paid options in addittion to complimentary ones. Showers are for a extra cost. I preferred this to the AY J lounge. No experience yet with plat wing.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by kauppias
Tables are cleared quickly.
This is what AY for some reason struggles to achieve. It usually doesn't happen until you have left (despite staff passing by many times).
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by on22cz
This is what AY for some reason struggles to achieve. It usually doesn't happen until you have left (despite staff passing by many times).

I noticed also the food they had on offer at the AY J side was very unattractive/unappealing, so much that I did not partake at all other then the liquid salads 😄

I sure miss my OWE but I can settle on using the Plaza premium at Helsinki, its doable and cheaper then doing MRs for OWE 😂😂😂
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias

Topshelf was complimentary bottom shelf for a small add on fee. For instance murphys was 5€. Nice to have choices.

Funny how things are different around the world. Top Shelf in the US definitely means the premium drinks..the bottom shelf is considered "well drinks" and mostly comprised of no name mixer spirits.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Funny how things are different around the world. Top Shelf in the US definitely means the premium drinks..the bottom shelf is considered "well drinks" and mostly comprised of no name mixer spirits.
Indeed 😁 had a chuckle about that too but perhaps its judt easier for them to show this way 😂😂
Old Apr 15, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Plaza Premium removes access for Priority Pass, LoungeKey members - Executive Traveller
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Saw that too. One more reason not to have PP, and Amex (included PP).
Sad but no surprise.

the tendency seems towards no bennies, so it is all
about buying F tickets and forget about cards etc?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Saw that too. One more reason not to have PP, and Amex (included PP).
Sad but no surprise.

the tendency seems towards no bennies, so it is all
about buying F tickets and forget about cards etc?
You still get access with AX Plat though
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Will the lounge reopen on 19APR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.