FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   AY website worse than ever before :-( (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1967571-ay-website-worse-than-ever-before.html)

Cupart Apr 30, 2019 4:42 am

AY website worse than ever before :-(

Looks like AY have changed the layout of their web site once again and this time to the worse...

After when having logged in, there is no direct link to one's account any more - as it used to be. You now need to click the Logout option and then "View full profile " to gain access to your bookings etc :td:

Isn't the whole point when logging in to one's account to get direct access to bookings and other account information without having to go through additional steps (and non logic of such as well)?

Oh, at least the Protocol Errors are still there on/off!

FlyingFinn Apr 30, 2019 5:38 am

Well I can't even log in at the moment...

EuroFlash Apr 30, 2019 11:37 am

It is pure horror. Why are they doing this, and why are they putting a new website live if 75% of the site isn't done yet and points back to the old website. Do things well, or just don't do it!!

florens Apr 30, 2019 11:55 am

Their search function is rubbish too. I searched for "fleet" and it was the 10th result which led to the fleet page.

Results:

Spoiler

DALtoAAL Apr 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Hmm...I don't see any difference on the page...? :confused:

flyingeph12 Apr 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by EuroFlash (Post 31053031)
It is pure horror. Why are they doing this, and putting a new website live is 75% of the site isn't done yet and points back to the old website. Do things well, or just don't do it!!

Totally agree!

Besides the whole extra clicking required to get to your profile, what gets me is that if you want to book anything other than a return or one-way (e.g., multi-city or stopover, etc.), you are directed back to the old site.

James Silva May 2, 2019 1:07 am

Yeah, Its no good. Keeps redirecting back to old site. They need to improve.

Ed Size May 2, 2019 5:50 am

Is there a way to go to the old search function, where you can see flights +/- 3 days? Just getting the results for one day making things complicated.

Im a new user May 2, 2019 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size (Post 31059284)
Is there a way to go to the old search function, where you can see flights +/- 3 days? Just getting the results for one day making things complicated.

Go to a different country site, like finnair.fi instead of finnair.nl.

Ed Size May 2, 2019 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Some person (Post 31059304)
Go to a different country site, like finnair.fi instead of finnair.nl.

Uhm, .fi worked right now, .nl was again this app like design - just don t get why change this to the worse.

Im a new user May 2, 2019 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size (Post 31059307)
just don t get why change this to the worse.

Because they are incompetent? Use whatever country or language versions you can find which still use the old version and switch to Expedia when you can no longer find a normal Finnair website.

Ed Size May 2, 2019 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Some person (Post 31059358)
Because they are incompetent?

Really? Is it that easy? I always thought that in big companies there are experts discussing changes and research will be done before changes will apply. This looks to me that they only want to give the customer the same experience on all displays - so the look & feel is more important then the usebillity.

intuition May 2, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size (Post 31059405)
... This looks to me that they only want to give the customer the same experience on all displays - so the look & feel is more important then the usebillity.

This certainly is the trend among web developers. Make everyone suffer on a design that is only (remotely) useful on a 4" smart-phone.

Because so many teens are buying airline tickets these days, they need to participate in the race to the bottom in poor web design, otherwise this commercially important group is lost.

Preferably, make the booking into a game or a platform where the teen can do some self promotion when booking all those expensive tickets and the future of the airline is safe.

Ed Size May 2, 2019 10:19 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 31060112)
Because so many teens are buying airline tickets these days, they need to participate in the race to the bottom in poor web design, otherwise this commercially important group is lost.

Maybe they should consider to have always a senior citizen version hidden somewhere. At least for J tickets.

FFlash May 2, 2019 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size (Post 31060197)
Maybe they should consider to have always a senior citizen version hidden somewhere. At least for J tickets.

Vote of the year! Yes!

c.finnair.com like for cenior citizens.
i.finnair.com like for idiots.
f.finnair.com like for freaking freebie fliers. Access denied for Yle journalists and Green folks.