Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY website worse than ever before :-(

Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:42 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold

Looks like AY have changed the layout of their web site once again and this time to the worse...

After when having logged in, there is no direct link to one's account any more - as it used to be. You now need to click the Logout option and then "View full profile " to gain access to your bookings etc

Isn't the whole point when logging in to one's account to get direct access to bookings and other account information without having to go through additional steps (and non logic of such as well)?

Oh, at least the Protocol Errors are still there on/off!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Well I can't even log in at the moment...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
It is pure horror. Why are they doing this, and why are they putting a new website live if 75% of the site isn't done yet and points back to the old website. Do things well, or just don't do it!!

Last edited by EuroFlash; Apr 30, 2019 at 11:28 pm
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Their search function is rubbish too. I searched for "fleet" and it was the 10th result which led to the fleet page.

Results:

Spoiler

Cupart and esledo like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Hmm...I don't see any difference on the page...?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
It is pure horror. Why are they doing this, and putting a new website live is 75% of the site isn't done yet and points back to the old website. Do things well, or just don't do it!!
Totally agree!

Besides the whole extra clicking required to get to your profile, what gets me is that if you want to book anything other than a return or one-way (e.g., multi-city or stopover, etc.), you are directed back to the old site.
EuroFlash likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:07 am

Yeah, Its no good. Keeps redirecting back to old site. They need to improve.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Is there a way to go to the old search function, where you can see flights +/- 3 days? Just getting the results for one day making things complicated.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Is there a way to go to the old search function, where you can see flights +/- 3 days? Just getting the results for one day making things complicated.
Go to a different country site, like finnair.fi instead of finnair.nl.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Some person
Go to a different country site, like finnair.fi instead of finnair.nl.
Uhm, .fi worked right now, .nl was again this app like design - just don t get why change this to the worse.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:25 am

just don t get why change this to the worse.
Because they are incompetent? Use whatever country or language versions you can find which still use the old version and switch to Expedia when you can no longer find a normal Finnair website.
Ed Size likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Some person
Because they are incompetent?
Really? Is it that easy? I always thought that in big companies there are experts discussing changes and research will be done before changes will apply. This looks to me that they only want to give the customer the same experience on all displays - so the look & feel is more important then the usebillity.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
... This looks to me that they only want to give the customer the same experience on all displays - so the look & feel is more important then the usebillity.
This certainly is the trend among web developers. Make everyone suffer on a design that is only (remotely) useful on a 4" smart-phone.

Because so many teens are buying airline tickets these days, they need to participate in the race to the bottom in poor web design, otherwise this commercially important group is lost.

Preferably, make the booking into a game or a platform where the teen can do some self promotion when booking all those expensive tickets and the future of the airline is safe.
Ed Size likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Because so many teens are buying airline tickets these days, they need to participate in the race to the bottom in poor web design, otherwise this commercially important group is lost.
Maybe they should consider to have always a senior citizen version hidden somewhere. At least for J tickets.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Maybe they should consider to have always a senior citizen version hidden somewhere. At least for J tickets.
Vote of the year! Yes!

c.finnair.com like for cenior citizens.
i.finnair.com like for idiots.
f.finnair.com like for freaking freebie fliers. Access denied for Yle journalists and Green folks.
ffay005, Cupart, cistavoda and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.