Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY website worse than ever before :-(

AY website worse than ever before :-(

Old May 2, 2019, 11:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I for one would like to hear from @Bdsm why Finnair released this version upon us. No doubt Mr Manner ordered it, but I'd like to be enlightened about the evil genius' reasoning behind it all.

ffay005, Ed Size, AhogZ and 7 others like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by intuition
I for one would like to hear from @Bdsm why Finnair released this version upon us. No doubt Mr Manner ordered it, but I'd like to be enlightened about the evil genius' reasoning behind it all.

Since you can t do a proper search you more likley book the first flight which appears (even if this is the most expensive one in your time frame), also you are driving away customers to OTAs, so no need to talk/communicate with customers before the flight (that job has to be done by expedia in the future).

Maybe it is just because the kids of Evil Manner can use it better - as said before loyal customers are not supported anymore.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I was hoping for something more fancy. Like a evil "wheel of fortune". Every monday one employee must enter the secret lair and give it a spin. Where the ticker stops, the employee must execute that plan by friday or be terminated.
Ed Size, cistavoda and Superrman like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Clearly it's not a browser incompatibility issue (different browsers and versions do behave differently) but something else.
I'm a tad surprised that a company like Finnair did not do Q&A prior to releasing this version and on top of this it has been going on for quite a while now.

I would love to hear from the responsible IT person who signed this off, letting us know what went through his/her mind when "Approved" was jotted down...

Quite bad that no one seems to care at AY...
Old May 4, 2019, 7:16 am
Moderator, Finnair

I believe this version of the site was in development 1+ year ago, and a few people on here were actually invited to participate in feedback sessions?

If this is the same, it would seem development was paused for a long while and now suddenly released. Someone needed to close a project before moving on to something new?
Old May 4, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by James Silva
Yeah, Its no good. Keeps redirecting back to old site. They need to improve.
When you log in on the new website, then it doesn't even transfer to the old version and you have to click on log in again. After that, it finally finds out you have already done that and you can happily watch the Please wait globe. Stunning.

Originally Posted by FFlash
i.finnair.com like for idiots.
This must include many double points deals. Unfortunately, you will never be able to register for them due to error messages. At least we can see some consistency.

Originally Posted by intuition
I'd say Manner stopped Vauramo's project to develop it properly, but at the same time didn't want the euros spent to go wasted. That's why we see what we see
Old May 5, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: Finnair plat
NEVER
miklcct and Superrman like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:47 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Seems to be more stable today than ever before...

and then

And what did I try to do?

1) Access my account by only clicking links on the site, and
2) Check up on award flights availability (also only through clicking links on Finnair.com)
Old May 7, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
No flight availability on Asia - USA routes. One can only hope, that they will never relaunch finnair.fi, our last resort. Not that I ever thought that the old finnair website was any good, but well, they can do worse as they just prove. I just can't understand this. You click 5 links max and end up with a failure. How can anyone launch this f**up??? This really troubles me.
Cupart and Superrman like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Before the change, it was possible to go on any country page and select English. Now, when I am on the Swiss page, it defaults to German and whenever I switch to English I'm on the Finnish page. Odd.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by florens
Before the change, it was possible to go on any country page and select English. Now, when I am on the Swiss page, it defaults to German and whenever I switch to English I'm on the Finnish page. Odd.
You can tinker around with the URL. It appears to have changed from /country/language/ to /country-language on the Swiss site. https://www.finnair.com/ch-en https://www.finnair.com/ch-de https://www.finnair.com/ch-fr
florens likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
You can tinker around with the URL. It appears to have changed from /country/language/ to /country-language on the Swiss site. https://www.finnair.com/ch-en https://www.finnair.com/ch-de https://www.finnair.com/ch-fr
It changed from /country/country/ to /country-language. For example, the Great British language (gb) on the old site became the English language (en) on the new site.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Just realized that the BA website has now has pretty much the same design - is it a new OW feature?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.