Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY142 structurally delayed?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
AY142 structurally delayed?

Hi All,

I will be on AY 142 in 3 weeks time and just noticed the horrible on-time performance lately: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay142
Since I have only a 1 hour layover in HEL, naturally I am worried. Even more so since I got another flight on a separate ticket after that...

Do you have any idea what is the reason of this recurring delay? Seems incoming AY141 has better statistics... https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay141
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
It´s due to the Pakistan airspace closure - once the airspace is open again everything should be fine again. I was on AY 142 yesterday, and arrived 4,5 hours late at my final destination. Flights on the HEL/BKK/HEL route are need approx. 50 minutes more each direction.

Anyhow - try to fix this with AY in advance or rebook you connecting flights. Since this is an unforeseen circumstance your passenger rights are limited (I will discuss this issue with AY the next couple of days).

You can find more details here:
Pakistan air space closure
quinzinho likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Ed Size
It´s due to the Pakistan airspace closure - once the airspace is open again everything should be fine again. I was on AY 142 yesterday, and arrived 4,5 hours late at my final destination. Flights on the HEL/BKK/HEL route are need approx. 50 minutes more each direction.

Anyhow - try to fix this with AY in advance or rebook you connecting flights. Since this is an unforeseen circumstance your passenger rights are limited (I will discuss this issue with AY the next couple of days).
Thanks for the great reply. I will monitor the airspace closure in Pakistan and otherwise make an arrangement. I notice there's a later flight from HEL to AMS which would still work for me, so this could be great.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
I would argue that once a surprise situation has persisted for several weeks it is no longer a surprise. Of course it should matters also when you actually booked the ticket, ie before or after the surprise (Pakistan airspace closure) began
Still, being proactive and asking AY to rebook you on another connection would be the smart thing to do.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by quinzinho
Hi All,

I will be on AY 142 in 3 weeks time and just noticed the horrible on-time performance lately: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay142
Since I have only a 1 hour layover in HEL, naturally I am worried. Even more so since I got another flight on a separate ticket after that...

Do you have any idea what is the reason of this recurring delay? Seems incoming AY141 has better statistics... https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay141
You have booked 2 separate bookings with only 1H between the flights? In my opinion that is very tight and it is something I would not do. As you say, anything can happened and if the first flight is delayed you loose your second flight. Better try to change the second ticket to a later departure if possible is my opinion.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

You have booked 2 separate bookings with only 1H between the flights? In my opinion that is very tight and it is something I would not do. As you say, anything can happened and if the first flight is delayed you loose your second flight. Better try to change the second ticket to a later departure if possible is my opinion.
No, sorry if I was unclear. 1 ticket is on AY BKK-HEL-AMS. The layover in HEL is 1 hour. Then in AMS 3hrs 10 minutes towards the next flight on a separate ticket, which is also a changeable ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.