Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Connection at HEL ex-Asia — liquids

Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

I recall that passengers arriving from Asia need to be rescreened before catching connections at HEL. What I don't remember is, do they have the same rules about liquids as if you'd just come from landside — will they confiscate anything that's not below 100 ml or sealed from a duty free shop?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I recall that passengers arriving from Asia need to be rescreened before catching connections at HEL. What I don't remember is, do they have the same rules about liquids as if you'd just come from landside — will they confiscate anything that's not below 100 ml or sealed from a duty free shop?
Yes, they will. Same rules as if you would come from landside.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Is it so that not all duty free bags are allowed through security? IMO they accept Finnair sealed bags, EU airport sealed bags and maybe some others, but not all airports are included.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
OP excluded sealed bags from his question.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Thank y'all. My bags were sealed at my airport of origin. I wasn't too worried as the contents were below 100 ml. They were scrutinised quite briefly and sent through the scanner.
remymartin likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
But can i bring spirits sealed in SIngapore airport duty-free thru scanner? It is so weird they dont have clear rules about it written anywhere!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AY
Here are some rules in picture mode and written:

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites...version%29.pdf

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes..._travellers_en
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Actually, if you arrive from SIN, you will not need to go through security at all at HEL.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
In March, everybody who had connecting flight SIN-HEL-XXX had to go through security, unless there was a secret pathway that nobody was really aware of.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Sorry for stealing the thread. Recently I missed my flight at CPH due to delays coming in, and instead of going to the next gate, I was sent to one of the crappy CPH hotels overnight. I managed to come back from landside with a HEL sealed booze bag. Can I do the same at e.g. HEL?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Richey66
In March, everybody who had connecting flight SIN-HEL-XXX had to go through security, unless there was a secret pathway that nobody was really aware of.
I arrived from SIN on March 25th, straight into the non-Schengen departure hall - as opposed to the international arrival corridor. While I did not actually personally have a connecting flight, I would not have been routed through security if I did.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
I arrived from SIN on March 25th, straight into the non-Schengen departure hall - as opposed to the international arrival corridor. While I did not actually personally have a connecting flight, I would not have been routed through security if I did.
Well, again, would be fantastic if Finnair or Finavia would inform people about it, but this is unrealistic, considering service standards on both. They cant even put A350 on gate arrival, instead letting people to get cold in freezing bus climate.
I can assure you lot of people came to security from my SIN-HEL flight, so it wasnt like we were the only ones who made an erroneous turn.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Well, again, would be fantastic if Finnair or Finavia would inform people about it, but this is unrealistic, considering service standards on both. They cant even put A350 on gate arrival, instead letting people to get cold in freezing bus climate.
I can assure you lot of people came to security from my SIN-HEL flight, so it wasnt like we were the only ones who made an erroneous turn.
Flights inbound from SIN (and from the US) usually do not require re-clearing security at HEL. That said, I've only experienced gate arrivals for ex-US and ex-SIN flights, so maybe arrival at a remote stand does require re-clearing security.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:41 am
Original Poster

I guess Finnair has a vested interest in this market, which means they're not necessarily going to volunteer any information suggesting that it is fine to do you duty free shopping with alternative suppliers.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by remymartin
Sorry for stealing the thread. Recently I missed my flight at CPH due to delays coming in, and instead of going to the next gate, I was sent to one of the crappy CPH hotels overnight. I managed to come back from landside with a HEL sealed booze bag. Can I do the same at e.g. HEL?
There's a 24hrs rule - so yes, you could do it in HEL, too.
remymartin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.