Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Sale Promo Fares - where to find them - best TP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond , Marriott Gold , IHG Plat

I have a €325 voucher from Finnair that I need to spend by end of April. I am looking for the best fare for max TP's to credit to BA. I am based in London but can re position to somewhere in Europe. I am also looking to travel from 7th June onwards. Any idea what would be the best fare on Finnair for max TP's?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:15 am

I think that you need to ask at the BA forum for good BA TP routes, not here. Routes which make sense for AY TPs often don't make sense for BA TPs, and vice versa. I think that the voucher only works if the ticket is priced in euros, so you may have to book ex-Eurozone or ex-KEF or ex-MSQ. If you book over the phone, you may be able to start your journey somewhere else.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
You're lucky, LHR-HEL-LHR in C is 160TP, plenty of daily flights
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Some person
I think that the voucher only works if the ticket is priced in euros.
Not true. But you have to book via CS if starting from a non-EUR country.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I know very little about the BA programme but I remember someone mentioning the HEL-AGP route as earning exceptionally many TPs. Might be worth checking out. There are some good prices to be had on this route, too.

You can use the voucher online if your travel starts in a country that uses the euro. If not, you can use the voucher by calling in. There will not be any phone booking fees in this case. Of course, you should first check flights and prices online so you can tell the agent exactly what you want.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ffay005
I know very little about the BA programme but I remember someone mentioning the HEL-AGP route as earning exceptionally many TPs. Might be worth checking out. There are some good prices to be had on this route, too.

You can use the voucher online if your travel starts in a country that uses the euro. If not, you can use the voucher by calling in. There will not be any phone booking fees in this case. Of course, you should first check flights and prices online so you can tell the agent exactly what you want.
Indeed, LIS/AGP-HEL are 140TP each way as >2000mi. LHR, MAN and EDI-HEL are 80TP each way (so called shorthaul + routes).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So if AY sold (I don't know if they do) LHR-HEL-LIS at reasonable prices, one such return would result in 440TP. Not too shabby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.