Search

The NRT thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The NRT thread

For all NRT & AY related questions...

I visited the JL Sakura lounge yesterday and was really unimpressed. There was ample seating downstairs, and overall, the atmosphere was relatively calm. But the food left a lot to desire. They had a few basic breakfast items, mostly Japanese, and that's it.

For those of you who have been to the JL F lounge, is it a lot better?

And for those of you who frequent NRT – I'll be flying home next week on AY, and I saw signs to an AA lounge, and a CX one. What are those like if all I want is food that's better than in the Sakura?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I can't compare, never went to non-F.
I've always been happy in F, but I wouldn't say overwhelmed.
I don't recall any western food items. But OTOH, when in Rome...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
NRT lounges are very average.

CX - waste of time (awful interior, very disappointing selection).
QF - also quite poor at the time before AY flight, but it felt quite nice inside.
AA - very nice one! Quite good selection and also the interior is well done.
JL F - I wasn't amazed, but the selection was quite rich, you can get shoe cleaning and enjoy the sushi bar. However, you are most likely to be denied access to the main terminal F lounge due to current renovations. Not sure how the satellite F compares - I think no sushi bar there.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Wow, sushi bar! I shoud have planned my Plat/Gold stuff better. But who would have believed that the AA lounge might have the best food selection... I guess I'll try it out next week! Thanks! ^
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by ffay005
Wow, sushi bar! I shoud have planned my Plat/Gold stuff better. But who would have believed that the AA lounge might have the best food selection... I guess I'll try it out next week! Thanks! ^
Mind the renovations. Maybe you have planned it just well as you could have ended up disappointed by denied entry.

Otherwise, the sushi bar has 4 types of sushi changing weekly, if I remember correct.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
NRT lounges are very average.

CX - waste of time (awful interior, very disappointing selection).
QF - also quite poor at the time before AY flight, but it felt quite nice inside.
AA - very nice one! Quite good selection and also the interior is well done.
JL F - I wasn't amazed, but the selection was quite rich, you can get shoe cleaning and enjoy the sushi bar. However, you are most likely to be denied access to the main terminal F lounge due to current renovations. Not sure how the satellite F compares - I think no sushi bar there.
Satellite F is much more quieter. No sushi bar but otherwise same. Also usually very close to AY gates.
SPBanker and on22cz like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Is the massage offered in the satelite F too? (I cant remember, they blend togerher in my memory)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Is the massage offered in the satelite F too? (I cant remember, they blend togerher in my memory)
Used to be. It was discontinued in both F lounges couple years ago.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I like the F-Lounge in the satellite. As mentioned above, it is very quiet at the time of Finnair's departure and the breakfast offerings are not that bad (at least according to my liking).

However, I wish that Finnair could start flying from Haneda, it is so much easier to get there and the Haneda F-lounge supersedes the Narita lounges by a big margin. I flew this week from Haneda with ANA and have to say that also the Narita oneworld lounges are so much better than the overcrowded Star Alliance (ANA) gold lounge there. I remember that the ANA lounges in Narita are equally bad, at least during the morning time. So things could be worse.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:42 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by reflektia
Used to be. It was discontinued in both F lounges couple years ago.
Hmm, I seem to recollect having massage in the First satellite lounge not so long ago, but.. can't be quite sure about the timing.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Hmm, I seem to recollect having massage in the First satellite lounge not so long ago, but.. can't be quite sure about the timing.
IIRC it was closed in autumn 2017.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
And how about shoe cleaning? In main terminal only?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Ukki
And how about shoe cleaning? In main terminal only?
Hi,

Main terminal only I belive ( at least in the F lounge). I did not see it in the satellite F lounge

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mhle
However, I wish that Finnair could start flying from Haneda...
Slot allocation is main issue for HND, with JL and NH in an even stronger position there and smaller international terminal than NRT. Both AY and nordic competing carrier have expressed interest in starting HND service if granted slots. I do agree though, HND is a much more convenient location for anyone outside of Chiba or eastern parts of Tokyo (Ueno, Akiba, Tokyo station, Nippori, etc)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Superrman
Slot allocation is main issue for HND, with JL and NH in an even stronger position there and smaller international terminal than NRT. Both AY and nordic competing carrier have expressed interest in starting HND service if granted slots. I do agree though, HND is a much more convenient location for anyone outside of Chiba or eastern parts of Tokyo (Ueno, Akiba, Tokyo station, Nippori, etc)
Or to basically almost any place in Japan. There are very little connecting domestic flights from KIX/NRT. NGO and FUK have little bit more, but still not even close to the frequencies of HND.
Superrman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.