KA check-in at LHR on AY?

Old Jan 29, 19, 3:26 am
Original Poster

KA check-in at LHR on AY?

I am flying AY from LHR to HKG then onwards on KA to CRK on a separate redemption ticket. Given that both airlines are oneworld will I be able to check in the KA leg at LHR? Similarly on the return, can I check in to LHR at CRK?
Old Jan 29, 19, 5:22 am

Programs: CX MPO GO (=SPH), IHG Spire Amb, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by Paulb700 View Post
Similarly on the return, can I check in to LHR at CRK?
On return, yes, not sure about outbound.
Paulb700 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 19, 7:23 am

Programs: AY Plat, HH D, BW DS
I am flying AY from LHR to HKG then onwards on KA to CRK on a separate redemption ticket. Given that both airlines are oneworld will I be able to check in the KA leg at LHR? Similarly on the return, can I check in to LHR at CRK?
AY should be able to issue your BP for HKG-CRK. However, they don't check bags through AFAIK, so beware of that.
Paulb700 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 19, 9:46 am
R2

AY will not check luggage through...think they are yet to read this part of the oneworld website: 'At oneworld®, our member airlines work together across the network to ensure the seamless and efficient transfer of your luggage.' Please give them feedback.
Old Jan 29, 19, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by R2 View Post
AY will not check luggage through...think they are yet to read this part of the oneworld website: 'At oneworld®, our member airlines work together across the network to ensure the seamless and efficient transfer of your luggage.' Please give them feedback.
Oh well, I'm sure i will enjoy the immigration/baggage/checkin/immigration experience, if nothing else it will keep me out of the bar for an hour or two. I might give AY a bit of feedforward contact to check on their own interpretation of seamless, guess that bit works only on one ticket.
Old Jan 29, 19, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
As OP is checking in at AY, the policy is determined by AY. Moving thread to the AY Forum.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Jan 30, 19, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
As for the first question: Probably not.
Finnair has a policy of not doing check-in to final destination on separate tickets unless both tickets are on AY. Both flights need to be operated and marketed AY and on 105-stock.

For the return, it will likely work as KA /CX do check to final on separate tickets. (But that is a question for the experts on the CX board.)
Paulb700 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 19, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Many thanks, clear enough.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: