FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   KA check-in at LHR on AY? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1953554-ka-check-lhr-ay.html)

Paulb700 Jan 29, 2019 2:26 am

KA check-in at LHR on AY?

I am flying AY from LHR to HKG then onwards on KA to CRK on a separate redemption ticket. Given that both airlines are oneworld will I be able to check in the KA leg at LHR? Similarly on the return, can I check in to LHR at CRK?

ernestnywang Jan 29, 2019 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Paulb700 (Post 30713375)
Similarly on the return, can I check in to LHR at CRK?

On return, yes, not sure about outbound.

SuloL Jan 29, 2019 6:23 am

I am flying AY from LHR to HKG then onwards on KA to CRK on a separate redemption ticket. Given that both airlines are oneworld will I be able to check in the KA leg at LHR? Similarly on the return, can I check in to LHR at CRK?

AY should be able to issue your BP for HKG-CRK. However, they don't check bags through AFAIK, so beware of that.

R2 Jan 29, 2019 8:46 am

AY will not check luggage through...think they are yet to read this part of the oneworld website: 'At oneworldŽ, our member airlines work together across the network to ensure the seamless and efficient transfer of your luggage.' Please give them feedback.

Paulb700 Jan 29, 2019 9:18 am

Originally Posted by R2 (Post 30714364)
AY will not check luggage through...think they are yet to read this part of the oneworld website: 'At oneworldŽ, our member airlines work together across the network to ensure the seamless and efficient transfer of your luggage.' Please give them feedback.

Oh well, I'm sure i will enjoy the immigration/baggage/checkin/immigration experience, if nothing else it will keep me out of the bar for an hour or two. I might give AY a bit of feedforward contact to check on their own interpretation of seamless, guess that bit works only on one ticket.

cxfan1960 Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm

As OP is checking in at AY, the policy is determined by AY. Moving thread to the AY Forum.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod

intuition Jan 30, 2019 3:07 am

As for the first question: Probably not.
Finnair has a policy of not doing check-in to final destination on separate tickets unless both tickets are on AY. Both flights need to be operated and marketed AY and on 105-stock.

For the return, it will likely work as KA /CX do check to final on separate tickets. (But that is a question for the experts on the CX board.)

Paulb700 Jan 30, 2019 3:18 am

Many thanks, clear enough.