Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair, stop waitlisted upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Why do they keep mentioning the other department? does it even exist or just a excuse for their ...... practice?
Im freaking tired of "we have seats but we dont give you, you gotta wait. Good boy! You waited nicely, here is your seat"
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
"The other department" is company lingo for "revenue management".

I guess, waitlisted demand was part of the daily (?) run done by rev mgmt to analyse and allocate inventory to all classes, including F. When new F inventory was created, I believe there had to be some manual handling too before ticket was re-issued.

So for agents, waitlisting used to mean your ticket had to do a round-about in the company and the easiest way to explain that to customers is to talk about "the other department". These days the round-about can be as short as a few seconds, but it is still out of CS's hands. They can't book anything unless inventory is on the system.

"The practice" is not CS's, it is rev mgmt's and they will very likely not do anything about it. It very likely is working as planned. For what-ever reason they want a tighter control of F inventory.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
"The other department" is company lingo for "revenue management".
But CS would not understand "revenue management" - once I asked them to check with "revenue management", it drew a complete blank.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Maybe it is not called that on internal org charts. It may just be a section of the all mighty "operations" department?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:06 am

Im waitlisted. called in the morning for HEL-HKG-DPS-HKG-HEL

Checking CX booking management(selecting seats), it shows my AY upgrade seats been confirmed in F, 1D and 1H for Mrs Clydez
Experflyer also shows we dont exist in AY PE anymore and taking 1D and 1H, but no email confirmation from AY.

You guys know those are just placeholder? Then they shouldnt have remove us from PE. i want to curl up "fav PE seats" if waitlist doesnt clear
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Clydez
Im waitlisted. called in the morning for HEL-HKG-DPS-HKG-HEL

Checking CX booking management(selecting seats), it shows my AY upgrade seats been confirmed in F, 1D and 1H for Mrs Clydez
Experflyer also shows we dont exist in AY PE anymore and taking 1D and 1H, but no email confirmation from AY.

You guys know those are just placeholder? Then they shouldnt have remove us from PE. i want to curl up "fav PE seats" if waitlist doesnt clear
Never mind, waitlist been cleared, but never did get the confirmation from AY!!!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
If you’re not on 105 stock you won’t get any confirmation other than on MMB.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
AY stock straight from AY web.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by lkrt
nope, I get always a new ticket in email
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Never mind, waitlist been cleared, but never did get the confirmation from AY!!!
Kind of the same thing happened to me the other day, logged on to my account and noticed that my wait listed HEL-LHR seemed to have cleared. I had been assigned a seat and the text "jonotuslistalla" had disappeared but the economy ticket was still showing there as well so I called to confirm that my upgrade had really cleared and the lady on the other end confirmed that it had indeed cleared but for some reason the economy ticket was still laying around in the booking. she deleted the now useless economy ticket and only after that did I receive a new ticket on e-mail and the app also updated itself only after she had done this.

on another note i got an e-mail today concerning another wait listed flight in 15 days from now stating that they cannot yet upgrade me but will get back to me 5 days before the departure with an update on the situation. I don´t know if this kind of mail i usual but I never received one before anyway.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Tuvv
... I don´t know if this kind of mail i usual but I never received one before anyway.
I believe they are part of an automated chain of events. Everyone on waitlist will get standard mail about "not yet cleared". The next "update" will be an automated response too. They send automated e-mail at multiple points in time to waitlists - anyone still on that sendlist clearly didn't get upgrade, so they are worded the same.

I guess they want people to stop calling in to hear what's happening. Better to send email and say "nothing is happening"
Tuvv likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yes, this has happened to me on a few occasions, too. Usually, you know your upgrade has cleared because you receive a new ticket in the mail. But sometimes, you never get that ticket even though the upgrade has cleared. In such a case, go to MMB and use the "Resend ticket" function, or whatever the button reads. It will automatically send a new ticket to your email.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Yes, this has happened to me on a few occasions, too. Usually, you know your upgrade has cleared because you receive a new ticket in the mail. But sometimes, you never get that ticket even though the upgrade has cleared. In such a case, go to MMB and use the "Resend ticket" function, or whatever the button reads. It will automatically send a new ticket to your email.
What you need ticket for? I realised that havent been using that since forever.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What you need ticket for? I realised that havent been using that since forever.
I always print the ticket and take it with me. I feel safer that way. Moreover, in some developing countries, they want to see a print-out before they let you in the terminal building. Among AY destinations, I think India is one of those. The soon-to-be OW hub at CMN, too.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

nope, I get always a new ticket in email
It used to be like that, but I didn't receive any email confirmation/ticket for my last two LH upgrades. Just saw it on the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.